Crucifish tandem dummy flasher - opinions/experiences?

Saxe Point

Came across this on the internet. I use “regular” dummy flashers exclusively but I am curious about these “Crucifish” flashers.

I would be grateful for anyone’s experiences and/or opinions about these. They are quite expensive, but they seem to be well made with stainless steel hardware.

I just spent a solid month in waters that were infested with springs. It was what I call “stupid” fishing. I fished exclusively with a dummy flasher. After a hook-up, the drill was to use a boat hook to immediately get the flasher out of the water so the fight was in “clean” water—- pinks, coho and springs are notorious for tangling up in the cable going to the dummy if you don’t get it out of the water

I see a alot of hardware hanging off the ball on that CRucifish set up ....ya, I’m sure it works—-lots of things work that get a fish’s attention but think about keeping it clear of kelp—-it looks like a garden rake for once you get around kelp beds and I sure wouldn’t want that thing hanging in the water while fighting a fish

I get more bang for the buck on the attention-getting drill with just one dummy flasher teamed up with multiple willow blades spinning on my clip connection

53642E97-CB3B-43D7-8AC7-E8126878EED9.jpeg

Looks super unnecessary. A regular 11” blade off the ball does the job and is cheaper and easier.

Back