Copper thieves hit Telus again and again

River Rat

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/871...t strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

quote:Telus said their wiring is distinct and scrap metal companies will know when their stolen cable cuttings are coming in to be sold.
That doesn't mean someone somewhere won't buy it.

Stripped down and chopped up into chunks no buyer will look too close if the price is right.....

billreidsalmon.jpg

At certain times of the year,and when certain locals are out of jail,replacing stolen cable can be a full time job for one stringing crew in the mid island area.We've had thousands and thousands of dollars worth of copper stolen.I've had it stolen off poles,off reels in locked compounds and right off the back of my truck.
Dave

One bright fellow, went up a pole on the Lougheed Hwy, to steal the cable from an old pole lead. He went up the pole using home made hooks, which was quite ingenious. He hacksawed through the messenger (steel strand) and cable. Unfortunately for him, the tension on the strand was the only thing holding the pole up. The pole fell over, with him on the bottom. If the fall didn't kill him, the thru-bolt going through his head did! [xx(] The fellow in Langley that left his fingertips in the gloves at the scene of the crime is another story. :D

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Two more cable thefts last night. One in Mission and one in Haney. :(

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Telus restores service after massive copper theft
Seventh incident this week
Connie Thiessen Mar 13, 2010 09:35:48 AM
Be the first to Comment 1 Recommendation(s)
MAPLE RIDGE (NEWS1130) - Telus has restored service to about 500 customers after two more cable thefts, this time in Maple Ridge and Mission. Crews worked through the night after thieves left homes and businesses without phone, 911, and Internet service.
The Mission theft happened in a rural area near 114th and Dewdney Trunk Road, while the other was near 256th and Dewdney.
In both instances, thieves stole about 60 metres of cable off poles in the dark of night. Anyone who witnessed suspicious activity in those areas is asked to contact police.

bug.gif

There has to be something done on the receiving end, whoever is buying stolen goods must be held to account.

billreidsalmon.jpg

Back