Comparing Tackle Prices-Vancouver Area-Interesting

Dogbreath

Had reason to visit a few places this past week looking around for a few bits of this 'n that.

Plano 3600 box</u>

Berry's Bait/Richmond $6.99

West Marine/Vancouver $5.49

Army & Navy Vancouver $3.49

1/4 ounce oval sinkers 7pcs.</u>

Berry's Bait/Richmond $1.99

Army & Navy/Downtown Vancouver $1.19

Delta Tackle in-Line Flasher</u>

Berry's Bait/Richmond $16.99

Army & Navy/Downtown Vancouver $13.99

Thanks to the poster here who works nights in Burnaby for the Heads Up last year-you know who you are!

Surprized you didn't include Nikka. Not surprized you didn't include Steveston Marine though.....lol.
Berry's is high as expected. Carefull though about A$N . For example buying gear they can be expensive. I checked out their price on Penn 330 and what they were asking was a crime (Tyee in CR had it for way cheaper than anywhere in Vancouver area)

Check out Active tackle for good prices http://www.activetackle.com/ but only if you want larger bulk or online purchases ....if you prefer a flashy store rather than a warehouse and are buying single items, I like Nikka better than Berry's (even with a discount)I still can't believe Berry's sells the consumer hot spots (with only the one ball bearing swivel)and for much higher price than Nikka too.

quote:Originally posted by Peahead
I like Nikka better than Berry's.....

Yeah me too but never made it that far-plus customer service @ Nikka is in the toilet since Calvin left.

Last I was @ Nikka the guy working there-whom I've fished with in the past-was too busy texting to answer questions. [V]

Army and Navy has some decent deals. However, I don't think their selection is all that great. Berry's and Nikka's prices are higher and you definitely get everything you need there and for that, in my opinion, an extra buck or two beats leaving your vehicle in the skids for some crackhead junkies to eyeball. Active Tackle is fine if you're a guide-- the selection there is geared towards guides and professional operators. Nikka is great in Richmond...you just head down to Pajos or Dave's Fish 'n Chips afterwards...mmmmmm.

I haven't met anyone who is rich in the tackle industry though.

quote:Originally posted by spring time

there is an a/m in new west an langley and the selection in the new west isn't that bad

Yes, the Army & Navy in Langley is quite well stocked for fishing gear. Prices pretty good too.

I've always liked Nikka in Steveston. Good prices, great inventory, and friendly, knowledgable staff.

Steveston Hardware was good in the old days, before they were bought by the new owners some years ago. Now, they are just a mega-store with staff that could not care less about you as a customer. They only want to sell you something - anything.

It's also pretty hard to beat Daves Fish & Chips on the street, not on the dock. Prices are cheaper and the food is just as good.

Anybody remember Pasty Kings Fish & Chips on Buswell next to the bike shop? Best Fish & Chips EVER!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Back