Comox Lake Trolling

Baxter

Does anyone every troll with riggers in Comox Lake?

I have never tried it, but curious about it. Some days the ocean is just too rough, but the lake is dead calm. And, well, getting out on water, fresh or salt, is just my happy place. But never boat fished in fresh before.

Any point in even trying in the winter? Would you use spinning reels on the riggers, or stick with single action reels? Would you still use 15lb cannonballs?

Wondering if this is even something I should consider trying.

I have never tried it, but curious about it. Some days the ocean is just too rough, but the lake is dead calm. And, well, getting out on water, fresh or salt, is just my happy place. But never boat fished in fresh before.

Any point in even trying in the winter? Would you use spinning reels on the riggers, or stick with single action reels? Would you still use 15lb cannonballs?

I've used riggers on Elk, Prospect and Langford lakes in Victoria with success. Light tackle and a 5 lb ball.

Answer to you question is yes, try the head end but it can get rough up there also
as always check the regs before you head out to the lake, good luck

Wee tads / 3” tomics can produce if you get them in the zone.

I fished comox lake a fair bit in the late 90’s and had good luck going deep off small hand cranks and 5lb balls

Back