cleaning fiberglass non-skid

demco99

What product do you guys recommend for getting my decks back to shiny white?? Some people have recommended vim however there are about five different types I could see at the grocery store..

Cheers,
Nick

I use what ever vim goes on sale...but prefer the lemon if I can...usually wait until it cheap then buy a dozen for the season. It works very well and doesn't seem to be abrasive enough to mar the gelcoat at all. I've used it since my boat was new. (18 years)

Barkeepers Friend also works very well on non-skid and will clean all of your stainless and any rust stains on your hull.

After you clean your non-skid, treat it with Woody-Wax non-skid wax. Not slippery and makes it so that you can just hose off fish blood and other goo.

TenMile
<'((((><

I even squirt it on my rubber truck floor mats, just wet them, squirt on some Vim then use a brush & rinse...works as well as anything.

Industrial Purple De-greaser from Home Depot...its a concentrate, so thin it down with water and spray bottle. Amazing cleaner. VIM also works well and is cheap when on sale at Wally World.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Back