Chum run near Victoria?

alctel

My buddy just got a smoker and I love smoked chum - is there a run near Victoria? Or do I have to go up to the Sidney area?

I've only seen them jumping and the commies going after them up near Cowichan Bay. What do the guys up in Campbell River use to catch them for the Chum Derby?

Lots of info if you do a search on this forum. Basically sockeye gear but fished Slow. Dark purple squirts with single siwash hook. Depths vary.

several winter returns for Puget sound oct and nov. You can pick up the odd one South of Constance.

beemer

There are ways and means to target terminal Chum in the Satellite Channel/Sannich Inlet area. They are not the same methods that work in Discovery Passage (where the Brown's Bay Chum Derby happens). It can be a lot of fun! And they make a great candy smoked.

Possession pt has some chum salmon around in Oct. We caught two there before. Very silver ones. Red hootchie or spoon

There are ways and means to target terminal Chum in the Satellite Channel/Sannich Inlet area. They are not the same methods that work in Discovery Passage (where the Brown's Bay Chum Derby happens). It can be a lot of fun! And they make a great candy smoked.
I fish out of Cowichan Bay and have tried to target them that general area with not much success.I'd be very grateful
for any tips you could pass on.Thanks for any info and feel free to PM me if you're so inclined.

Have caught Chum off of the Pender bluffs in October. Not sure what river they are bound for but they were still bright and firm at that time.

:eek::eek:Double headers in greensea bay in October! Man I miss that........I should hit the Browns bay derby sometime.....but there are nice coho around out west then.....oh the dilemma

Back