cheapest source for Foodsaver bags?

sly_karma

Crew Member
Heading for a WCVI charter in a month and it's time to stock up on vacuum seal bags. We're a group of 8 (2 boats) so we will need hundreds of bags. A quick look online shows Walmart, Amazon and Costco all at $24 for a 44 pack of 8" x 11" (quart) bags. That's the size we've used most in the past. Anyone got a sharper priced source?

Good tip, 500 bags on the way. Thanks FA.

What size bags are you guys buying? The smallest I see in the 2.5 mil size is 14"x22". I would like the 8"x11"

I find the 8x11 bags from halsfords to be small for decent size fish. Great for chickens and winter springs though.

You've got to cut a 20lb salmon into some odd shapes to use those bags.

I usually get these out of calgary. They are a bit lighter than food saver bags but for the price and the fact that they are pre-cut I figure you cant go wrong with these.
Once you go pre-cut you never go back but it is nice to have the roles for the odd "custom" vacuum job.

http://www.dnrsausagesupplies.ca/index.php/packaging-vacuum-bags-etc-vacuum-bags-c-25_68

I agree. I like that one seal is done for you at the factory...one less way for things to go wrong with the seal

Half the load on those consumer level vac machines when you are using pre made bags for a big run.

Thanks guys -- just ordered 500 bags. Saves a big step in prep time of cutting and sealing one end of the bag.

Back