Canucks

twinwinds

Pissed that the nucks signed the Sedins again!...grrrrr
Glad Ohlund is gone he should have taken the twins with him.....The twins are not playoff proven, they may get there but they get shut down every time!
They need some grit someone that wants to play. Vancouver needs to do some shopping but its unlikely.[xx(]

This was the canucks playoff record for last year how can you say they dont produce?????? no one else on the nucks did hard to have 2 80 pt regular season guys to replace them especially with the program and system geared towards the sedins in place. thought it was a great signing but gillis crapped the bed not getting havlat or gaborick thats what we needed. now hes going to have to trade someone good.

H. Sedin 10 4 6 2 10
D. Sedin 10 4 6 4 10
M. Sundin 8 3 5 -1 8
A. Edler 10 1 7 -2 8
S. Salo 7 3 4 0 7
K. Wellwood 10 1 5 -1 6
K. Bieksa 10 0 5 3 5
A. Burrows 10 3 1 3 4
S. Bernier 10 2 2 -1 4
R. Kesler 10 2 2 -2 4

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

They better do something to make themselves a legitimate contender or Louongo will be walking next year. Then they are a team that will struggle to even make the playoffs again.

Hey that was great signing sedins for 5 years only. and 6.1 million each. That is a steal. How about getting Hossa for 12years. Brutal. The Canucks are in great shape. They will sign Luongo for 4-5 more years. Let Sundin Walk, Ohlund was good to let go as they have Edler much younger and they have tons of trade bait. Scheider would be a great backup for a year or two to Lou then trade him. Gillis is doing a great job in managing the assets and not paying ridiculous amounts of money and term deals like Detroit and Chicago. Crazy. Sundin was a bust but lessons learns. You have to build from the goalie out and up the middle. The Canucks have done this. Only piece they need to work on is resigning Kesler this year and that will be tough. Although he does want to stay. We are on our way back to the CUP Finals. 2 years.

cby

I just don't think they have what it takes to go all the way. They dont have the extra gear that is needed in the post season. Lets hope they can prove me wrong? I doubt it. Not unless they can find someone to play with them that will enable them to elevate their game? I agree 5 yrs is better than 10 or 12.
Louie is not coming back for sure its still rumor? Kesler sounds like he wants to come back so hopefully a deal can be made. You have to agree the canucks have always made bad deals,why don't we get Sundin to come back for another year.....Maybe Messier could come out of retirement.They still need to do some shopping........
MESSIERC.gif

The Vancouver Canucks made their first move in the free agent market, adding winger Mikael Samuelsson with a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed. Samuelsson, 32, recorded 40 points in 81 games last season and 10 points in 23 playoff games with Detroit through to the 2009 Stanley Cup Final.

Louie never said outright that he wouldn't re-sign..he said he wants to play for a team that would have the best chance at winning a cup. In other words he is doing us fans all a favour by telling Gillis what we would all want to say...ITS TIME FOR A CUP IN VANCOUVER! If the Canucks make a serious effort at putting together a strong legitimate team by adding a few missing pieces....Louie would stay to help. If not he's gone next year.

Vancouver has been pretty slow on the draw as far as free agents go. All they have accomplished is looseing Ohland. Pronger would have been the best pickup they could have made. Now he's off to Philly. Hard to say what will happen this year, but the teams have to be better than Detroit in the west and Pittsburg in the east to get to the big dance. I think Vancouver has a long way to go before they can compete with Detroit/San Jose.

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Guess you knew all along that Fleury could take the Pens all the way too? There is a lot of luck, good and bad that goes with winning or loosing a series in the playoffs. One bad call by the refs can turn a series.

I believe the Canucks' were as much a contender last year as they ever were. Like many of you, I've been there from the beginning and being a Canuck fan is one of the hardest things to do... year in... year out... same ****!

I believe several things contributed to our less than stellar performance against Chicago.

- Louie got anxious when Edler, Olin and others 'hung him out to dry' on more than one occasion. This caused him to loose his edge on a few occasions. Over all, I'm not blaming the goalie. Edler has to do something about his untimely and chronic 'brain-farts' if he's any chance of filling Olin's boots. Salo, in spite of his health, was only 'Steady-Eddy' on D. Olin played like he wasn't running on all cylinders.

- Burrows was noticeably absent in the last three or so games. He's a seriously talented 'Super-pest' like Kessler and we really needed him.
Might have been because of Vineaux(?) and his line-changing addiction.

- Sundin, although his work-ethic improved dramatically in the playoffs, just didn't have it any more and in my view was nowhere near the asset they paid for.

I too am worried Louie could bail if they don't get their crap together.

The coach lost 2 of the Chicago games. Never should have gone from a forcheck game to a defensive shell in the 3rd with only a 1 goal lead. Then should have gone into a defensive style with a 3 goal lead in the other game...going into the 3rd. Hard to win with only a goal lead and play an entire period in your end..you have to be perfect to survive...you D gets tired and if they do score they have the advantage to get another. They could have survived with a 3 goal lead playing in their end well.

Back