Canon ball metal eye

Peahead

Just snapped off a cooroded metal eye(loop) from a 15 ib lead canonball ( where I attach the rubber snubber ) The good news is that that ball lasted long enough that it broke before loosing it !!!
I obviously now cannot attach it to the cable. Any ideas how I could replace that eye with something that I could then attach some dacron line to ? Perhaps an easy fix might be to drill a hole in it and screw in a stainless screw, with some dacron line attached... then perhaps add a snubber to that. Anyone tried anything like that with success ?

Rather not have to get the ball melted down and remoulded just to add an eye. Also don't want this thing sitting around unused.

Remelt it. Why run the risk of losing again? I use stainless in mine and not one of my customers has ever complained.

Dave

Not Dacron-not abrasion resistant enough.

If you give me call I'll drop off some 300# test line you can use instead-am working in your hood tomorrow afternoon.

Hi Carl, I will call you tomorrow am. I will be downtown at work till 5 pm but perhaps you can drop me a piece at my condo front door. Only need couple feet thx!!
604-319-LURE

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Hi Carl, I will call you tomorrow am. I will be downtown at work till 5 pm but perhaps you can drop me a piece at my condo front door. Only need couple feet thx!!
604-319-LURE
Hey adrianna3, what would it cost to remelt and add stainless loop ? Also can I get canonballs fom you ? 15 lb price?

I'd do it for 5 bucks, but if you bought a couple cannonballs, I'd do it for free. My current price is $1.50 per pound, so a 15lb ball would be $22.50. Let me know, I'm in Chemainus and work in Duncan.

Dave
246-2404
gdblitt@shaw.ca

Back