can steelhead digest gooey b@bs?

"Dave, implying your opinion be backed by many laywers does not intimidate me it only reveals your desperation for credibility in your own leagle perseptions."

Wow! I've seen lots of weird responses but yours is outstanding Ken.
First, I don't know how you can come to the conclusion I'm trying to intimidate you in any way shape or form. Are you planning to run your powerboat on the Gold or something?
And the only thing I'm desperate about is the fact that you obviously DO have some comprehension problems because anyone with average reading ability should be able to read through my opinions about the Judge's decisions and the reasons behind them and understand them. If you have some counter to my opinion and have researched it then bring it on, but don't create all kinds of whacky scenarios for goodness sake. You are sounding very paranoid for some reason.

Yes I wish to read your letter to Gold river council to see if it may contain slanderous accusations about me and wether they be fact or fiction. The promptness at wich you answer my posts tells me that you have all the time in the world to go dig it up. Anyway your obvious reluctency to display it has supresses my curiosity. My, as you say, lack reading comprhention still allows me to read between your lines dude.

Call the Gold River Council up and ask for a copy of it if you want to read it so bad. They probably keep things for 12 or 13 years or however long ago it was. And there was nothing libelous or slanderous and everything in the letter was true. I'm not reluctant to display it either....pay attention here now....I DON'T HAVE IT....ok?

You do know you wrote this: "Anyway your obvious reluctency to display it has supresses my curiosity."?

Just what the heck does that mean Ken?
You're not curious anymore then? Maybe you should wait until you've had a good night's sleep before reading and responding 'cause I think you are too tired late at night to make any sense of things.
Seriously.

"Yeh, I'm a little caught in this up alright. I'm caught up between people who utilized or manipulate the regulatory system to fullfill thier own ideals or prefrences uncarring of anybody elses oportunities and the public who is dominatly ignorant or left in the dark when regulations are proposed and prosessed."

Best example of creating a mountain from a molehill I've seen in a long time. You are certifiably insane if you truly believe what you've written above. Nothing went on behind closed doors and it wasn't me who made the proposals, it was other guides who worked the Gold (and many for years) who came to the conclusion that the use of and proliferation of jet boats on the Gold was not a good idea for anyone in the big picture. Banning powerboats stopped nobody from guiding or fishing. And besides, your little meat-hole is closed now so you couldn't fish it anyway.
And the public wasn't left in the dark at all. You made your presentation and did your thing and the other side did theirs. In the end your side lost bait and motors on the Gold. That's it. No bait and no motors. Everybody else in the world seems to be able to live with that except you.
Why is that?

So you think I'm just trying to just beat the rules, increase my catch and make more money from the resource? Now thats "frigging hillarios". If you realy think that than you have seriosly degraded my perception of your intellegence.

You are a professional fishing guide. You charge people to take them fishing. You exploit the resource for financial reasons. Your questions earlier about feathers, wool, and things used in flies being organic plus your argument about gelatin (a food) etc. falls right in line by what I meant by my assertion. You want to use bait, you want to use your powerboat and you probably think that contributing to the "conservation" of steelhead means capturing brood stock for a hatchery program.
And quite frankly I couldn't possibly care less about how you perceive my intelligence.

Note to RVP:

It's got nothing to do with you at all but you can call the Gold River Council too if you'd like.

You guys are like paranoid conspiracy freaks or something......right??

Geezus.....

Take care.

Fishmyster and RVP.
If you are not aware you should be that there is a person in MOE who does have his eyes on jet boats in rivers.
He is not the least bit in favour of them on island rivers.

I cant wait to go for a scream in the NEW sled. Looks like the forcast is calling for skywater, just enough to bump up the stamp. Monday/tuesday upper stamp, jet boat and a river of fresh summers..Bang time, Vinny call me weve been waiting for this:D

Doing broodstock captures we have seriously outfished the Roe guys
Artificials can and DO out fish bait all the time
If you are so concerned with a fishes health, possibly NOT fishing for them is your answer.
This is not about competition... and I am not taking up knitting anytime soon .... so concerned with fishes health I got called a peeeta. the law tells you to feed this fish many huge balls of rubber and send it to japan and see if it comes back !!!now that should conserve the wild stocks...Obviously Summer runs LOVE food, so allowing bait will certainly result in too many recaptures of fish awaiting springtime... but you said ...Artificials can and DO out fish bait all the time ....I don't care what kind of bait you use ... unless your killing fish slowly by mistake!Most people agree that these things don't digest... they are toxic ...and if the fish has a big a$$hole it will pass out ...otherwise it takes up room in its gut.. and leaches toxins into its blood ...if it plugs the fish up it .dies. you will never know...this fish had three gooey booobs in its gut and I have only caught 6 steelhead in my whole life... do the math that is alot of rubber swimming around... the really cool thing about steelhead is that they come back to spawn 1'2'3 years they don't need this.... you are harming the multiple year spawners ...big strong fish make big strong fish

Maybe at times arti's have outfished Bait, but all in all fresh bait is the ticket for big numbers. Just ask the MOE boys what they use when doing brood stock on the stamp...I do and always will use bait..:D

Dave H.
So you've resorting to name calling??? Paranoid!

Quote; I was the Secretary-Treasurer of the SSBC Branch in CR back then so was intimately involved with the fight to get bait and powerboats off the Gold. I wrote a lot of the letters including the one that was entered into the record of the Village Council in Gold River that pretty much negated completely the presentation Ken had made.

When you say stuff like this it makes me think someone's saying stuff about Kenny Myers that may not be true. This, all your talk about laywers and many of your other posts have just recently made me curious.Now you tell me that the only way to find out my ugly actions that discredited me is with a F.O.I. request to Gold River Council? Of course you don't have the letter, now that was clearly predictable. In my opinion its kind of chickens!@t.
People undermining my livelyhood is no molehill to me. May be everybody in your little world hates jet boats. There's a heck of a lot more people that care to use or don't care if others use jets in the real world than in your small circle.
Dave, I will not take your opinions of Judge Joe's dicission as being the more correct reading of the law. As far as I can read, livelyhood and or sustinance and provintial fishing permit, seems pretty straight forward. Maybe it's you that can't comprehend? Judge Joe and the rest of the world seems to get it, why can't you?
Hey Dave, I don't see any formal paperwork backing your research here just some pursuasive words.
As for the gell issue, I just happen to feel that biodegradible gooey bobs should be leagle. If you know of another substance that is palatible and has similar properties that is not considered food than I'd be happy to use it instead? I am not trying to open roe fishihg everywhere.
Thank you Dave
I'll enjoy any response you may have.

Time to learn to read plain English.

I don't have the letter.

I haven't had the letter since 1997 when I retired from the Executive of the SSBC.

I suggested how Ken could read the letter, presuming that Gold River Council has an archival file, and that's about all I'm going to do.
Besides which, the letter and what it contains won't change a darn thing in the end so it's moot anyway.

And if anyone wants to 'man up," then bring your powerboat to the Gold and let me know what date you'll be on the river.
We'll test my opinion in court.

Now go read my opinion again and the reasons for it then search for a flaw in it.

If you find one get back to me.

Take care.

Not talking about the powerboat issue on the gold Davie,i think that issue has been put too rest!!I'd luv for one more crack at the lake pool area via jet just like years ago when i nailed 29 fish by 1100 am in december!!this was back in the day when fishing was fishing and politics was left for the guys who sat at home talking about fishing!!Just wish you'd give up hyour campaign slamming guides and Ken in particular!!It's funny guys like you keep people from fishing and Ken gets people on the water fishing which is what we are all supposed too be doing!!

"Just wish you'd give up hyour campaign slamming guides and Ken in particular!!It's funny guys like you keep people from fishing and Ken gets people on the water fishing which is what we are all supposed too be doing!!"

Please show me where I've slammed guides and Ken in particular.
I haven't. In fact I've made it clear that it's nothing personal at all but then I get yapped at by guys who seem unable to read through something without attaching their own spin to it, including Ken.
It still appears few of you can actually read and understand what you are reading and you all seem to have the little "let's cling together and we can scare this big bad man away" syndrome too.

I get more intelligent responses from some of my birds for gawds sake.

Now, are you really so simple-minded that you can't read through the whole thread and figure out that what I've written is but an opinion?
You do know that IMHO means in my humble opinion don't you?
And do you really think I would write a letter on behalf of the SSBC in which I would slander or libel or do any of those things Ken seems to think I may have done?
Not likely.

And this became about the Gold when Ken made it about the Gold......not when I made it about the Gold.

And once more, I couldn't care less about what you fabulous anglers do on the SSS system.....couldn't care less.

Can you grasp that?

And as far as I know nobody is attempting to stop anyone from going fishing either. Certainly not me.

But you keep conjuring up all kinds of things in your fevered little minds if you want......that's where the "paranoid" jibe came from. It's an observation, not a name-calling.

And finally, looks like I must be hitting the nail right on the head as I've now been yapped at by the great Vince Gee.

What an honor.

Are you the official attack poodle here Vince, or just another guy who can't articulate anything worth reading and gets po'd when others can?

Pathetic little man yapping in the dark.

My work here is done.

Take care.

I don't know about gooey bobs, but I've dissected trout that had 5" "sluggo's" in them and pink rubber worms. They are not able to digest them, but they may be able to pass them----however unpleasant that may be...

nailed a nice summer run doe from the confluence area couple nights ago with a red wool rig and a separate brass spinner in its mouth!!Wow these things get hungry in the flow!!Fought great too!!hooked at least 3 times this year already imagine by january how many times this beauty will be caught!

Back