Bunker Oil Spill In English Bay

I think your assessment is fairly accurate spring fever.
I like the way they say 80% has been cleaned up and recovered. that's complete bull. at the very most even the experts say that only 15% of a spill is usually able to be recovered. and that's in very ideal circumstances. maybe 80% of what's recoverable... just more spin... imo. the majority of that oil is more than likely dispersed and also has sunk. out of sight, out of mind... this is just fuel oil, still heavy and toxic to almost anything that comes in contact with it... but I don't understand why we need to have oil being shipped all throughout our oceans. water and oil don't mix. refine it on land and keep it in the continent it came from... russia has oil, alaska, BC, africa, asia, and most likely most continents, etc... we don't need to be transporting it across our oceans. but money trumps everything environmental now a days. pretty sad what the "leaders" (and I use that term lightly) allow now. and pulling it out of the ocean depths seems ever more irresponsible as the unbelievable BP spill on the gulf coast proves. and it won't be the last.
think it's time for a change at the provincial and federal helms...

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no oil on my side at all and I can clearly see the offending ship I guess the currents were kind to us.

Back