Boat cleaning tip

Mike_W

Hey I was just wanting to share a boat cleaning tip .....mr clean magic erasers they work awesome on everything grime, black streaks, black scratches, water lines, rust marks and big stains ....pretty much anything.
I have used them on vinyl and gel coat inside and out as well and any plastics on the boat or trailer.

I think these things are wicked and wanted to share!!

Cheers,
Mike

I found this as well, it almost seems to easy when you start using them...the only thing is I find they strip the wax layer off the gelcoat leaving it unprotected, but they are a godsend for removing alge and oxidization after those long winter naps!!!

definitly a good tip!!

You will go through tons of packages of them for tougher jobs to. Gets pricey, but they do work. I cleaned all my cork handles on all my 20 or something rods and the cork looks brand new.

Some little punk spray painted on the side of one of my trucks, red spray paint on a white truck. Mr. Clean magic eraser did the trick. I use them for all kinds of things. They're awesome.

I agree i got onto those magic erasers this spring and they are a GOD SEND

but remember when using them they clean by abrasive action, they are essentially a very fine grit sandpaper. Not for things like some vinyls, electronics screens, or other places you dont want to be micro-scratching or rubbing away.

Big Green Machine, i found that if you get the "super tough blah blah" double sided kitchen scrubs they last about 2x as long over the originals.

but remember when using them they clean by abrasive action, they are essentially a very fine grit sandpaper. Not for things like some vinyls, electronics screens, or other places you dont want to be micro-scratching or rubbing away.

X2
They works well!

I'm almost certain that they are an abrasive pad, albeit a very fine grit but essentially you are wet sanding away the finish of what you clean. I use them myself, just something I have observed.

Back