Best of luck to all...

Come on, those 2 posts were light to say the least, and sfbc has given him so much input and support, of high value, and this is the outcome?

It can't be an erratic one way street, and sfbc is by far the best place online for fantastic info to be exchanged for fishing and boating. Hull truth is great too but they are quick to pounce. Don't even get me started on the vehicle specific car forums, they ear their young for breakfast if you misspell a brand name.

Anyway good luck, Rob, but in my opinion you are leaving a great place in the dust. We all need to contribute, not only absorb, to make the socials a better place for all.
You are right! Thx

A few months ago I got a private message from him asking me to keep an eye out for boats.

....and you were very helpful to me with advice on a few boats and I finally decided to buy new becasue I was fortunate enough to find a builder and then find moorage.

Maybe the gentleman used the list to aquire some boats which he then sold becasue they didn't suit he and/or his wife. Maybe he is still looking for the perfect boat.

Let's not forget that some people were able to sell their boats becasue of the folks in this thread pointing them out to a willing buyer. The sale of those boats may have meant a lot to the sellors.

Technically he will owe tax on each of those transactions where he sold the boat for a profit.

It is all water under the Lion's Gate in the end.

....and you were very helpful to me with advice on a few boats and I finally decided to buy new becasue I was fortunate enough to find a builder and then find moorage.

Maybe the gentleman used the list to aquire some boats which he then sold becasue they didn't suit he and/or his wife. Maybe he is still looking for the perfect boat.

Let's not forget that some people were able to sell their boats becasue of the folks in this thread pointing them out to a willing buyer. The sale of those boats may have meant a lot to the sellors.

Technically he will owe tax on each of those transactions where he sold the boat for a profit.

Generally speaking hard to hold trading up against someone .
But the PM's are just that , everyone has their own take on things , reasons.

Thank Bill. I did see a list of boats he has previously owned in his life, even before his Hourston project, he was far from a rookie or unknowledgeable. As you say, water under the Galloping Gurdy Bridge.

Back