Best GPS unit for $1000-1500 ish or less

Not being a super techy person I don't know a whole lot about GPS units. My current Lowerance recently failed. I had a touch screen Garmin before which I enjoyed . Looking for recommendations . Looking for it least 9" or bigger would be ideal. Doesn't need to be radar compatible but it would be nice to have it at some point down the road. Basically looking to use it to navigate , locate shoals/rocks & navigation channels as well as sonar for fishing & marking way points.

You can get one in Canada for around $1000
comes with a great transducer.

Word of caution. If you go with Garmin, they are not Compatible with Navionics+ card (that works in a Lowrance). You have to get a Garmin Navionics card. I have a 9” Garmin and really like it. Just need proper charts.

If you had a Lowrance then you already have power cable and transducer and mapping chip. Most MFD units offer the head unit on its own, a decent saving. So I'd look at Lowrance again, save the time of rigging and a couple hundo as well.

Also consider used. People love new shiny things and they have FOMO, so they keep upgrading even when their MFD is working fine. $1500 should get you a used 12" unit if you dont mind it being one or two generations old.

Back