Best Charts for Lowrance Elite TI2 9

bccolin

So its been 30+ years since I have had to buy a fishfinder or to deal with nautical maps. Things have changed a bit since then. Now its my turn to take out the family and try not to drown the lot ;0)
I picked up the Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 at Cabela's for $799 and now I am not sure which maps to buy for it... There are endless options, some with apps, some without, updatable, crowd sourced, my head is spinning here. The Elite Ti2 seems to support most of the options, so its rather confusing.
We are a fair-weather fishing family and will be primarily in the Maple Ridge/Mission area most of the time with trips to the Okanagan and the Sunshine Coast once or twice a year. Any guidance is appreciated. ;0)
TIA

Garmin and Navionics are the same company now I believe.

Garmin and Navionics are the same company now I believe.
Thank you ;0) Im trying to decide between Navionics, Navionics Platinum+ or one or Cmap Reveal or the lesser version of C-map. Dont want to fork out $400 on the platinum+ if it doesnt make that much difference.

Thank you ;0) Im trying to decide between Navionics, Navionics Platinum+ or one or Cmap Reveal or the lesser version of C-map. Dont want to fork out $400 on the platinum+ if it doesnt make that much difference.
I’ve been happy with the navionics plus but it was what came with my Lowrance so I never checked out in detail the others. Did your unit not come with a map card?

I’ve been happy with the navionics plus but it was what came with my Lowrance so I never checked out in detail the others. Did your unit not come with a map card?
Unfortunately no. Just inland lakes US, preloaded. Even though it was advertised as US/CAN on the Cabelas website. Im thinking of calling their head office and seeing if I was given the wrong one. Then again, I have yet to power it up and confirm.

Unfortunately no. Just inland lakes US, preloaded. Even though it was advertised as US/CAN on the Cabelas website. Im thinking of calling their head office and seeing if I was given the wrong one. Then again, I have yet to power it up and confirm.
A friend of mine had this issue. Call their customer support and they should send you a Canadian Chart card for free. Navionics cards get 1 year of free updates but after IF (only if) you want updates you have to pay. I just updated the card on my plotter a few days before the 1 year ran out and will use it without updates.

A friend of mine had this issue. Call their customer support and they should send you a Canadian Chart card for free. Navionics cards get 1 year of free updates but after IF (only if) you want updates you have to pay. I just updated the card on my plotter a few days before the 1 year ran out and will use it without updates.
Thank you! Do you know if they called Lowrance or Cabela's? ;0)

They contacted Navionics acutally as I recall but I would try Cabelas and then Lowrance. I've dealt with Lowrance on a warranty issue and they were good too. If your box said it should come with the maps then you should have a small SD card that is in your packaging with the charts. If not you maybe missing it.

Did you register your new chip with navionics? You should be able to change where your map is detailed on their site.

Hi, I had the same experience. Ordered the elite 9 t2 from cabelas and it contained the US lakes chart. Did yours come with the active imaging 3 in 1 transducer? Wasn't advertised that it would be included mine did. Would be interested to find out how you made out with Cabelas. I'm calling them tomorrow.

Was it on sale? Did you buy it with the transducer? I'm in the market and was looking at the Cabelas website all i can find is one for $1,399

I run the Elite Ti 12 with Navionics+ charts (the ones that allow you to see the SonarCharts).
Navionics+ Sonar Charts are key for me.

Also, was having a couple of tiny user error issues, so I opened up the chat dialog on Navionics website (in the bottom right corner) and the people were super helpful and technical and walked me right through everything nice and slow.

Was it on sale? Did you buy it with the transducer? I'm in the market and was looking at the Cabelas website all i can find is one for $1,399
Yup got it for 799 with the 3 in 1 transducer. I didn't think it was supposed to come with the transducer so it was a better deal then I thought. Transducer sold separately goes for 350-400. Checked the site and it's back to 1399.

So its been 30+ years since I have had to buy a fishfinder or to deal with nautical maps. Things have changed a bit since then. Now its my turn to take out the family and try not to drown the lot ;0)
I picked up the Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 at Cabela's for $799 and now I am not sure which maps to buy for it... There are endless options, some with apps, some without, updatable, crowd sourced, my head is spinning here. The Elite Ti2 seems to support most of the options, so its rather confusing.
We are a fair-weather fishing family and will be primarily in the Maple Ridge/Mission area most of the time with trips to the Okanagan and the Sunshine Coast once or twice a year. Any guidance is appreciated. ;0)
TIA
Navionics + is decent for the money and pretty much cover what's required in our area. I'm testing out new C-Map contour + charts which have nice shading features although the jury is out for accuracy in certain areas.

I purchased the same unit from cabelas, it was advised with can/USA nav plus Alaska. Thankfully I took a screen shot of it. Went in they said they could not do anything. That’s bs So they said they would sell me the card for $160. Still not what I ordered. It even still said on the website can/USA , not USA inland lakes. In the end they gave me the card,took days too sort out. But still a great deal.

TIA
Not sure if you sorted this out. I bought mine (Elite TI2 9 w 3in1Transducer) in late March on sale for $799, and only just installed it. I was sure it was supposed to come with US/CAN Nav+, but turns out I got US inland lakes. I called Cabela's and the person asked me to email them a screenshot of my order confirmation email that has 'US/CAN Nav+' in the item description, 30 minutes later got a call back that they're mailing the chip to me for free. See attached screenshot of my order confirmation email. Hope this helps someone else in this situation.

Attachments

• 2021-06-29_13h08_23.png
    2021-06-29_13h08_23.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 15
Back