BC's Largest Fish Farmer to Cut 50 Jobs in the North Island

MILLERTIME

Reading between the lines I'm hopeing these Nor-'wee'-gian Bastards have already heard from our American friends to ....."get outa BC or else"....time to cut their loses and run.....

[c0nqCuyNDgI] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=c0nqCuyNDgI

Last edited by a moderator:
It's insanely ironic that we are letting the Vikings **** in our waters to grow fish to feed the Yanks that it will end up being the Yanks who bring an end to all this, not our collusive and tragically inept Government.

We need to seriously change who we have in charge of the well-being of our blessed fishes.

Part of the reason that these layoffs are happening is that they are going to produce less fish in BC due to Chili flooding the US market.

Hope they pull them all out of the water soon. No less than land based, closed containment systems are acceptable.

DHA.

We need to seriously change who we have in charge of the well-being of our blessed fishes.[/QUOTE]

Hear,Hear!

You know I can bet if I was a fish farm I would try to do this. Very good market strategy. You watch one of these guys will have in place soon. They will sell way more.

High Five

High Five, they have been designed already and tested and are operated in some places already. But would you invest big money if you can get away without? Ok, you and me maybe because we love BC and our wild fish but for some greedy foreign corporation there is only one and simple answer to this: NO.
BTW, I could design you a state of the art land-based facility within a month. For you for free, High Five!

While net-cage companies are laying off, RAS tech companies are growing and have plans to hire.
http://www.praqua.com/insitu-aquisition.html
In-Situ Inc. Announces Acquisition of PR Aqua Supplies Ltd.
Furthers Investment in Aquaculture Market

FORT COLLINS, CO., November 1, 2011—In-Situ® Inc. announced today the acquisition of PR Aqua Supplies Ltd., a leading aquaculture solutions provider based in Nanaimo, BC, Canada. PR Aqua designs and integrates comprehensive systems for water treatment and fish handling in the public and private sectors on a worldwide basis. The partnership with PR Aqua adds to In-Situ Inc.’s sales, service, and training expertise in the aquaculture market.

"The acquisition of PR Aqua complements our aquaculture strategy by allowing us to significantly increase our portfolio of aquaculture products and services," said Bob Blythe, President and Chief Executive Officer of In-Situ Inc. " PR Aqua’s diverse engineering, equipment and manufacturing knowledge has allowed their clients to achieve industry leading efficiencies and productivity from intensive aquaculture production. We are very fortunate to be able to partner with them. "

"All of us at PR Aqua are excited about joining the In-Situ team," notes Wayne Gorrie founder and CEO of PR Aqua. "In-Situ is committed to making the investment in PR Aqua to take what we started to the next level and beyond. As part of In-Situ Inc., we will be able to bring their world-class analytical instrumentation to our clients. The expanded product line brings our clients access to In-Situ Inc.’s Rugged Dissolved Oxygen (RDO®) technology in addition to their broad portfolio of other water quality and quantity instrumentation. Our experience, knowledge and expertise with intensive aquaculture systems coupled with their knowledge of water quality give us an edge in providing advanced technologies to meet our clients’ production expectations. "

This strategic acquisition strengthens In-Situ Inc.’s presence in the aquaculture market, which began with the 2009 acquisition of Integrator Aqua Systems, Inc., a provider of solar-powered monitoring systems and aquaculture management solutions. Operationally, the existing PR Aqua office in Nanaimo, BC, will remain open and will retain all existing personnel. The acquisition will benefit communities in Colorado and Nanaimo as a variety of new jobs will be created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back