BC Axopar makes it to one of the US Boating YouTube channels

Hello, my name is Bill and I watch Boat Pron.

Yes, I consume vast quantities of: Bronco's Guru, Wavy Boats, Boats vs Haulover, Miami Boat Ramps, and on occasion the Boat Zone

Only rarely does a BC Boat made it to the big screen. Sadly an Axopar made it this week.

Hello, my name is Bill and I watch Boat Pron.

Yes, I consume vast quantities of: Bronco's Guru, Wavy Boats, Boats vs Haulover, Miami Boat Ramps, and on occasion the Boat Zone

Only rarely does a BC Boat made it to the big screen. Sadly an Axopar made it this week.

Love watching Haulover and Florida ramp videos.

Axopar doing okay in some chop. This guy keeps the bow up compared to a recent failure.

Yeah, I saw that one last night. There is one moored near us and I was talking to a pal of the owner a few months ago.

He had come by our boat and asked some questions and I gave him a quick tour.

He then told me about his Axopar experiences. He fishes his pal's boat alone and told me it was the most frightening boat he had ever fished out of.

He rigs safety lines from the cabin around the stern and said for the first time in his life he wears a life jacker when he is fishing.

He feels it is a boat that is just too easy to fall out of and also lacks freeboard. He did mention it is a fast boat.

I still like the looks of the Axopar, but for some reason I think of them as more of a warm water Lake Okanogan, Lake Muskoka boat than something for the Strait.

Yeah, I saw that one last night. There is one moored near us and I was talking to a pal of the owner a few months ago.

He had come by our boat and asked some questions and I gave him a quick tour.

He then told me about his Axopar experiences. He fishes his pal's boat alone and told me it was the most frightening boat he had ever fished out of.

He rigs safety lines from the cabin around the stern and said for the first time in his life he wears a life jacker when he is fishing.

He feels it is a boat that is just too easy to fall out of and also lacks freeboard. He did mention it is a fast boat.

I still like the looks of the Axopar, but for some reason I think of them as more of a warm water Lake Okanogan, Lake Muskoka boat than something for the Strait.
The look of them is definitely intriguing, and as mentioned before, when some of us are out fishing and one flies by in about a foot or foot and a half a chop, you can’t take your eyes off it. It’s magnetic.

The look of them is definitely intriguing, and as mentioned before, when some of us are out fishing and one flies by in about a foot or foot and a half a chop, you can’t take your eyes off it. It’s magnetic.

Looks intriguing?????

Those boats have newly divorced guy written all over it.

Sexy, fast, unconventional, etc. etc.

Attachments

• 1673384993111.png
    1673384993111.png
    536.8 KB · Views: 3
My buddy sells those Axopars and won't shut up about how badly I need one. His Dad owns a 37 (on his second now) and I watched him rip past our place at about 40 knots on the open Straits in July when the 3 day NW was blowing. He was the only boat out there and the thing basically hovers over the water. It is an awesome commuter vessel for sure but I would not want to fish out of it, too many weird angles and such. As for owning one, there are a number of other boats I would consider ahead of an Axopar just because I think they're fugly and mostly because he won't shut up about them.

Last edited:
My buddy sells those Axopars and won't shut up about how badly I need one. His Dad owns a 37 (on his second now) and I watched him rip past our place at about 40 knots on the open Straits in July when the 3 day NW was blowing. He was the only boat out there and the thing basically hovers over the water. It is an awesome commuter vessel for sure but I would not want to fish out of it, too many weird angles and such. As for owning one, there are a number of other boats I would consider ahead of an Axopar just because I think they're fugly and mostly because he won't shut up about them.
Also, stepped hull. So sure, 30mph+ runs nice and loose on top of the water.

Show me this craft on the outside West Coast, 1.5 meter sea of a 10 second duration... there you can do MAX 15-18mph up the faces of the swell or you're shooting off the top falling off the backside into the 6-8 foot hole. Stepped hulls can't plane slow enough in my experience for the real rough water.

And they're Fugly. And you hit your head going in and out of the cabin because it's sized for Smurfs.

A shorter 7 minute video on the hull design etc. These drivers seem to know how to use the engine trim to keep the bow higher.

Back