bass on shawnigan

Knotty Seamen

Thought I'd start a thread for bass on shawnigan. I threw the drift boat in with my electric motor on it and have been killing it! Nothing really big yet tho. Anyone been getting big basstards??

Hooked a 5 pounder on the 5 wt. It was a bit of a blast!

Went today. Caught a ton of fish but nothing bigger than 4lbs. I can't believe the numbers of 3-4lbers!
No Xrap hits but many smallies caught on a gold willow leafed white spinnerbait. They're really active around rocks.
Had a few cuttie followers too! Maybe I'll try a casting spoon next time.

been getting alot of bass the fly on st.mary lake.tons of small fish though.They love the large green sprately as this looks like the stickleback in the lake.

I have heard Shawnigan is great for bass but I have never tried. Any tips on where to fish? I have a belly boat so I need to put in close to the fishing grounds.

Thanks!

I have heard Shawnigan is great for bass but I have never tried. Any tips on where to fish? I have a belly boat so I need to put in close to the fishing grounds.

Thanks!

I live on the lake and get out quite a bit at night after work and put alot of time in out there.. I find that 75% of my bass right now are being caught right in between docks and shoreline as they are nesting and smash anything that comes near them.. Had tons or 2-4lb fish but have had a fair share over 5. Fished today for two hours and caught 19! Half of those were only 1-2 lbs tho. Try docks this time of year you will have great luck!

I live on the lake and get out quite a bit at night after work and put alot of time in out there.. I find that 75% of my bass right now are being caught right in between docks and shoreline as they are nesting and smash anything that comes near them.. Had tons or 2-4lb fish but have had a fair share over 5. Fished today for two hours and caught 19! Half of those were only 1-2 lbs tho. Try docks this time of year you will have great luck!

Zeke the best I can say is that if you put the belly boat at the Govt launch, the area to the right of the launch (If you are looking out at the lake) is best. Float along and cast at the docks and maybe drag a wet fly about 10-15 feet from shore. Work your way along there continuing south. You'll see some markers for the skiing salom course. To the east of those is a good hump/flat that produces. Say maybe trolling a largish wet fly?
I have never done well on the other side of the launch but have only tried to twice.

Back