AZZhouls

Pathetic...
eventually they'll have us (or just those that can afford it) paying for each individual fish we bring on board. just a matter of time now that lodges have given it to this... these f'r's just don't get it... anything for a buck i guess...

That link doesn't work for me. Was it something halibut-related?

yes it was. just another lodge boasting about taking part in the experimental halibut retention program... showing picks of some of the broodstock that was retained..

Besides sending the lodge an e-mail, i've already been in contact with SFI and expect some swift action after receiving their reply

Probably along the lines of "Please don't do that." Considering that's all they can really do against them.

What was their reply FishTofino?

Basically that they were going to talk to them and ask them to drop this practice or they will lose their membership in the SFI.

Not taking part in the program was voted on and it was unanimous that no members would do it as to undermine the court proceedings in increasing the sport allocation.

Well, if that isn't incentive i don't know what is... (sarcasm)

Given how much we have left over could appease places like this with a shoulder season where no size limit on one fish like jencourt suggested last spring. Have numbers for both scenarios so can easily give a somewhat accurate (nothing is 100% as many would say) that shows would stay under current TAC number (talked to a friend who chatted directly with one of commissioners and said next year will likely be same # as catch results are up but not enough to go above the 7.05mill). Much larger economic benefits to this shoulder strategy, should lower experimental used as well.

While i wasn't thrilled to release 2 over sized ones yesterday i was sure happy to be Halibut fishing in September! :)

Anytime anyone questions the regs, all you ever hear from above and those who support it is "sure is nice to fish in september" etc etc...literally every time. Completely side stepping the issues brought up in previous posts (although I will give credit where due sea run usually is best at at least discussing it and not giving a one liner).

Back