Awsome fishing vid-70lb spring

The fight on that 71lb'r was pretty darn cool.

'And ya gotta love Obi-1-Kenobi as the commentator. That dude's hilarious! Watch for the " The Tell-Tale-Tap of a Tyee salmon. "

Last year I heard of 3 fish 70lbs+ in River's
I also saw another caught by a budy just further north that was 68lbs
The rod's in the water in River's compaired to the quality of fishing would rank way down the list as productive places to fish in BC
If you only want to hunt huge fish but probably never get one....3rd week of August up at the top end...if your lucky...you'll never know until you try....
I'm heading there this year for the 5/6 year old's in late August......it just might be my turn!

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

I hear you jackel.... Its kind of sad. I was absolutely amazed at the video though. Fishing in 14fters cut clugging for 50+lbers.

Not much better than that, Springs and Coho . Thats the life to bad it's way gone !:( Poachers and people abusing the fishery have ruined it foreveryone.

Awesome post. And we wonder where all the fish went. Wave after wave of commercial boats filling the canneries. Hmmmm

Unbeliveable!!!!! I have only had one fish on that would come close to 60 pounds, and that was in sooke, trapshack, fought it 2 hours, lost it to a seal, i cried after :( it was probably one of the sadest moments in my life. I got a very good look at it too, so i know how big it was and i would say between 60-65 pounds but you never really know when they get that big.

Ive been fishing 10 years now and only landed 2 fish over 30 pounds, I wonder if i will ever get one over 40 now.

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

Unbeliveable!!!!! I have only had one fish on that would come close to 60 pounds, and that was in sooke, trapshack, fought it 2 hours, lost it to a seal, i cried after :( it was probably one of the sadest moments in my life. I got a very good look at it too, so i know how big it was and i would say between 60-65 pounds but you never really know when they get that big.

Ive been fishing 10 years now and only landed 2 fish over 30 pounds, I wonder if i will ever get one over 40 now.

-Steve
I don't have much problem with 30+ springs but, the 4 and 5 year olds are starting to get a little scarce. There are still quite a few 60/65 pound fish coming in the rivers, so I know they are out there. I have only hooked one in the 60/lb range myself and lost it. It straightened a treble hook, so I guess that was my fault! :(
BTW… I believe it was a Conuma!

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

-Steve
I don't have much problem with 30+ springs but, the 4 and 5 year olds are starting to get a little scarce. There are still quite a few 60/65 pound fish coming in the rivers, so I know they are out there. I have only hooked one in the 60/lb range myself and lost it. It straightened a treble hook, so I guess that was my fault! :(
BTW… I believe it was a Conuma!

Back