Avid Angler Volunteers - urgently needed

my friend in area 16 is interested but is having a hard time acquiring the package where do they go to get all the info to be part of AA?

I can help in 16-1, 16-2 and 16-18...I am not there exclusively but have been a few times this season, and will be in that area most of July, for sure the second half of the month.

This presentation is way more informative then i thought , thought it was going to be just on AA but its so much more.

Thanks for putting it together and making it available for us to join.

some fascinating stuff about fraser stocks.

There wasn't any discussion around if it was recorded but I would guess the general content and messaging will be consistent during tomorrow's discussion. This session was very informative and it is clear that participation is key from us private fishers this year more than ever as there will be less guide participation from a commercial perspective since many lodges and contract guides are off the waters this summer due to covid.

Thanks for those who attended tonight. For anyone wishing to join either the Avid Angler or Guide Logbook program please PM me and I can send you the sign-up sheet. Lots of great questions and good ideas. Anyone interested who wasn't able to attend today's session, please feel free to join Tuesday (tomorrow) at 7 p.m.

While the focus of Tuesday's session will be WCVI oriented, there will be a lot of quality information for those interested in how your citizen science is helping shape data supported fishery opportunity in a new fishery regime where having data to shape fishing plans to avoid stocks of concern will be the way forward for future fishing opportunity.

This isn't a one year cycle, we are talking about at least a decade for any recovery strategies to address the real issues causing Fraser Stocks of concern declines and return to abundance. That is why good quality reliable data with finite spatial resolution will be extremely important going forward. That is not to say or suggest that there won't be areas/times where the data says we shouldn't fish, or we need to adjust our methods to be more selective. I think we all want the same thing - do our part in recovering these stocks while allowing responsible fishing opportunity on more abundance stocks.

We will send out meeting notes to participants shortly, which also includes data referenced.

Here's the meeting link:

Avid Angler & Guide Logbook Meeting
Tuesday June 2, 2020 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM (PDT)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/148861109

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3117

Access Code: 148-861-109

More phone numbers
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/148861109

Awesome, I’m in when we open!
We actually need people fishing gathering data on stock composition, mark rates even in the non-retention areas. We especially need data from areas proposed for retention opportunity by the SFAB. Those data supported fishery opportunities that were part of the SFAB proposal are indeed based on data that supports stocks of concern are not present. Fingers crossed that the proposal is accepted by the Fisheries Minister.

Back