Arimas for open water?

T2,
There are 16 & 17' Arima Seachasers in the SG Power yard
pricey at 24 & 28K , but you can walk around and have a good look
at the hulls if interested.

Thanks RS. My fishing partner and I had a look at them at the boat show. Still very interested. I guess you're too busy pulling in halis to go boat shopping!:)
T2

No Rigours

Arima's are well built, niceley finished nice looking fair weather fishing boats. If the chop comes up, take your dentures our and strap in, the flat bottom gives great fuel efficiency, but at the expense of getting anywhere fast in big water.

However, they will burn a lot less fuel the the equivilant sized DE/Hourston, and are very stable to fish off of. I have found through people I know that own them that the factory support is excellent when it comes to asking them how-to's and whatnot.

I see lots of them "plopping" over to the Chicken Ranch from Neah Bay on Swiftsure day after day.. They are just not going to win the big water race home, but will get you there.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Old thread I have a 19 Arima with Honda 135 (Overkill) we run it hard put 100 hours on clock this summer. Mostly around San Juan Islands and out into Puget Sound I have to say this is safest most versatile boat I have ever been around. Trim tabs are mandatory if you want to run in anything but “Glass” we fish, Tow a big butt duck on the lake/ Beach it on islands for picnics/ Run it in the rivers and haul 5 adults 2 little ones and a 65 lb dog on occasion to go whale watching or just “Hosing Off” for day and avoiding the house chores (Give us an excuse and fair weather) and we are gone. My history is I grew up at Neah Bay in the coast started hill netting by age 14, Fished longline Halibut/ Black cod in Gulf of Ak. Moved to Florida built boats for Hatteras and Sonic Marine and with out a doubt Arima is the most affordable no frills solid build that while not being cushy is comfortable. And we plan to run out of Cape Flattery next summer for Tuna if the reservation is open if not we will have to run south.

Back