apple juice thanx C.S

S

scottyboy

well i just finished another batch of smoked salmon. i looked in the archives for imfo and came apon a post from C.S . he said to use apple juice instead of water in the brine. man was he right! thanks C.S very tasty. it will taste even better after a few days . gotta try it guys . scottyboy

Hey Scotty,
So what was the recipe you used?
[8D]

It does work. I also use apple wood in the smoker. It really is great. Especially on humpies!

I use 1/2 cup of salt, two cups of white granulated sugar and two cups of brown sugar. The kicker I put in is powdered Teriyaki. I also use the apple in my Bradley smoker.

We have our Puget Sound Anglers State Board meeting 6 times a year on Saturday mornings. I brought a batch of this and slipped it in beside the donuts. It went way before the donuts and everyone wanted the recipe. Lots said it was the best smoked salmon they have ever had. Humpies smoke really well and easy as they are thinner fish. Makes candy out of it. Thicker fish seems to take longer to brine and smoke, but well worth it.

I have used the apple juice before too. Outstanding results. Also use it to put out the flame when BBQing instead of water to knock the flames down. You will be surprised how much of a sweet flavor it adds.

3 litres apple juice real stuff lol.[8D] 2 cups soy sauce. 1 cup dark brown sugar. 1 cup cooarse salt non ionized. 2 tbsp galic powder. 2 tbsp tabasco sauce. soak fish 48 hours in fridge. then smoke away . yummy yummy good 4 tummy. scottyboy i like it.

Back