Anyone see this "commentary" in the Vancouver Sun today?

what about the QCI? To the best of my knowledge the troll fleet up there left a big part of their quota in the water as they capped out on south coast springs. Seems a bit unfair to not share the pain.

OK cool.

I guess we are left to draw our own conclusions.

How do the south island guys feel about this?

Lorne

Not too happy !

It's fairly obvious these Fraser/Nicola Chinook do not stop migration at Sheringham
point on the west or Sidney on the east. It's a big ocean and they are everywhere.
I understand why Searun doesn't want the WCVI closed, hell i don't want the south coast closed.
For some reason perhaps shear numbers of anglers on the southern island , DFO have selectively
targeted us to restrict.
If you check Charlie's stats on the other thread you will see more Chinook intercepted in the Fraser
river itself than in area 19/20 .

AGREED! Nobody wants to see anything closed. Myself included. I was just curious if the WCVI or any other sfab for that matter was proactively trying to take the pressure off the south island guys, as the data and well good ole common sense says that Area 19/20 shouldnt be the only ones if there is a closure.. At the last sfab here in area 14 A point was made that they always have the everyone in mind when making descisions and putting forth montions. That before you open dialogue and put forth a motion its important to consider all fisheries up and down the coast.

IM just trying to find examples of that in this instance.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
Back