Anyone raise the roof?

...I'm only wanting to get some headroom while standing on the dropped floor between the seats, and don't want to mess too much with the classic lines. I love back slope windows as much as the next guy ... but think they look a bit goofy on small boats... to each there own.

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 61
Lower price now I believe. If that hull is sound this could last for years. Forward slope windshield is a game changer.

View attachment 93526View attachment 93527View attachment 93528View attachment 93529
I asked this guy for some pictures of the stringers and transom before he apparently re did the floor and added the pod…said the stringers were good so he laid a new floor and patched a couple spots in transom. To me it looks like he just gel coated over the old floor only and called it a day…..lol

I asked this guy for some pictures of the stringers and transom before he apparently re did the floor and added the pod…said the stringers were good so he laid a new floor and patched a couple spots in transom. To me it looks like he just gel coated over the old floor only and called it a day…..lol
any way for a surveyor to get in there and tap around?

What I came up with. Will fasten/glass/fair to existing prior to fastening roof. Thinking an aluminum handrail (in red last pic) roof will get some sort of rack/rod holder. Gives me 6'3 standing between seats when all said and done.

Attachments

• IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5441.jpeg
    IMG_5441.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 92
Damn that's a nice boat! At this point I'm planning on building it in place and glassing it to the existing deck... will be easier to follow the lines of what is there, and the entire boat is getting a paint job anyways.I can follow the lines of the windshield, and do some fairing to blend it in. I've thought about the whole thing being pushed back as it goes up.... shouldn't be an issue, I'll glass a "return" straight down wherever it ends up at the back. As for what I'm glassing over... undecided. I know your a foam fan... may end up being a wood core... i dunno. I have some composite decking I was also toying with... but its heavy.
I like the idea of glassing to the boat it will be much easier than making a part since you're painting-great idea. Yes, I like foam because I hate rotten wood. My time is to valuable to do things twice I've decored too many fabulous wood parts that water managed to destroy. Water is so tenacious. All depends on how long you plan on keeping the boat i suppose. What type of paint have you decided on? Will be nice to see the final product.

I’ve already got the paint… Alexseal 2 part… in “ Matterhorn White”. Apparently I’m ok with doing things twice… spent the day stripping uncured gelcoat after fairing seat boxes with epoxy. I know better… they don’t play well together.

Back