anchor line chum

ya I thought of that too, but I guess the theory is they could have to go by your lines on their way to the source of the smell.

I'm seen it mentioned a lot online, but mostly american fishermen - they really seem to love scent.

I use carcasses and it really makes a difference. The longer you are there the more there are,and it seems the bigger they areas well.

My best friend always uses a chum bag on his anchor... last year in Homer Alaska... he filled a onion sac with chum he and 2 other buddies all got halibut over 100lbs , his was 165 and had half the onion sac in his bellie when it was cleaned( for what its worth)and he catches more butts than anyone I know[8)]

I know its very popular in alaska, they use onion sacks and small metal cages on the anchor a lot.

I also read one cool method of putting chum in a doubled up paper bag, affixing it to your line and when its on the bottom give it a few sharp tugs to dissolve the bag. You get a big burst of bait floating downstream from your bait.

Yes it can, we use it mostly early on the inside in the Malcolm area. Usually no Dogs at that time. I fish the north VIWC off shore, dogfish are very rearly a problem there. That has to be a large concern depending on where you fish. The summer on the inside north VI, forget it.I don't know anything about the south Island, could be lots of Dogs.

Back