Americans poaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hublocker

When is DFO going to do some enforcement in Port Hardy, Port Alberni and Campbell River?

Americans from California, Montana, Idaho, Nevada and elsewhere come here with their big boats on trailers, fish all day, keeping everything despite limits and regulations, make deliveries to their wives three times a day, and go back fishing while the wives take the fish to the camper to can.

That's thievery.

Shouldn't we have laws requiring them to have guides like big game hunters do? it's about time.

If you had a video camera, a phone and balls you already would have taken care of it. Otherwise it sounds like you are spreading rumours from 1978 that paint every guest with the same brush. We have to self-police and rat out cheaters. A few officers cannot do it all without help. More than one limit in a day in Campbell River? Is that even possible?

Not bad for your second post....

Use the RAPP line or better yet do what Tubber recommends and get as much evidence as you can.

I do love the "American" finger pointing, yet I have seen a LOT more Locals, BC'ers and people from the rest of Canada take more than they're entitled to....especially the locals when the pinks are around.

Officers can only do so much, they do need our help.

Cheers

SS

now quite a few guys from the Seastriper Forum that come up from the US spending lots of toursit dollars. Most are respectable conservation oriented fisherman. Bads apples everywheren not just a couple from the states. My $.02

now quite a few guys from the Seastriper Forum that come up from the US spending lots of toursit dollars. Most are respectable conservation oriented fisherman. Bads apples everywheren not just a couple from the states. My $.02
Hey Jeep,
Were you off Thrasher on Sunday? Saw a boat that looked suspiciously like yours.

I brought Morfin over to say hi, but wasn't sur eif it was you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back