Airmar Transducer wanted

Rayvon

By any chance does anyone have an extra 600W or 1Kw Airmar either thru-hull or in hull transducer they would sell? I'd like to try something other than the P66 transom mount that I have for my Simrad NSS7 evo2. Nmea 2000 compatible and chirp would be ideal.I'm on the island.

think you need to play more with the settings to get the best results out of the p66
i have to be honest found chirp a little disappointing.
and feel the TM p66 sometimes gives me a safer feeling as the thru hull 175's H & L
i have can go off in there own world .....

pic was snapped fishing around hutt i think and shows the p66 at 140' and the H chirp way off at 290'

044.jpg

I haven't been impressed by chirp so far either.I decided to go to Nanaimo harbour chandlers black friday sale because I needed to pick up a new VHF and antenna that I had ordered.Couldn't resist picking up a structure scan transducer reg. $299 for $99 and a sonic hub reg.$399 for $129 and a Trophy reel for $199,great deals to be had.I wouldn't have bought the structure scan without this price but I couldn't resist,we'll see if I use it much.

Not the same,chirp sends multiple echoes compared to non-chirp to supposedly give you better sonar reception with better separation of targets (bait,fish). Structure scan gives you a picture in 2 or 3D of the bottom under and to the sides of your boat. Two totally different transducers required. Simple explanation because I'm no tech expert to say the least.

Back