$4 per pound King? .. Getting trolled? WTF?

I think the only dfo can do is slap him oor anybody on the wrist with that key. It's ridiculous what fines anyone gets .

Scott is just a pro poacher....
he does not own ANY commercial lics or quota.
He now uses native boats and gear and native crews, and trys to run his illegal operations thru food fishing rights.
DFO , is closing in on him to set a case and then throw away the key.

There are other scenarios like the above involving game that are active and have been reported to the CO's.

I talked to someone yesterday and it was suggested that these are going to be WCVI Troll caught fish, a fishery which is coming up soon...and these fish will caught by First Nations.

Here is my take of what,s happened thru politics.
Natives were making lots of news, OKA etc....
Ottawa decides they need to appease the natives...
So, some one had brilliant idea to take away most of the commercial fishing industry in BC....and give to natives.
We , (those who were heavily invested) were obviously opposed. As we feel if there is a debt to be paid , we pay it equally ,
don,t single out one industry like they did us.
Why not the Dairy farmers , or trucking industry or lawyer.....but instead they just took it away from us to pay for everyones debts...
Sure it had its problems at the time , but that was DFO non management at the time. Over fishing sure , but once again , we just worked by the rules DFO set out.
Its a totally different biz now , for us remaining.

Now back to fishing reports....
just finished a big electrical wiring job and will be hitting a few spots this week...
hope timing is right to get a few for the empty freezer.

Back