2006 Toyota Tundra LTD - US vehicle

Peahead

Bro -in- law is looking at buying a towing vehicle.

Just wondering if any of you guys know if US trucks can have odometer in Kilometers or are all US vehicles odometers in miles.
This vehicle reads 66,600 on the odometer and sales ad and sales person confirmed the odometer is in kilometers but as an american vehicle the main speedometer as usual is in miles per hour .

Is it likely the ad and sales person is full of #**# ???

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/..._4X4_LIMITED.aspx?gok=2006+Import+Trucks+Vans

been in the auto business 21 years 12 with toyota

never seen a us truck in km`s before unless it been in canada and changed .Im positive they dont come in kms in the state

tubbed

been in the auto business 21 years 12 with toyota

never seen a us truck in km`s before unless it been in canada and changed .Im positive they dont come in kms in the state

tubbed

My '07 Tundra that I bought in Seattle is strictly miles. Dial has same face as shown in picture (MPH in outer ring on speedometer.
Converting to Km's would, they told me, involve more money than its worth, replacing cables and gearing, and face of speedometer.
I'd say it is in miles.
Only way to tell for sure is find a "measured" mile, or 1.6 kilometers, and run the truck over the distance and see what the oddometer says.

My '07 Tundra that I bought in Seattle is strictly miles. Dial has same face as shown in picture (MPH in outer ring on speedometer.
Converting to Km's would, they told me, involve more money than its worth, replacing cables and gearing, and face of speedometer.
I'd say it is in miles.
Only way to tell for sure is find a "measured" mile, or 1.6 kilometers, and run the truck over the distance and see what the oddometer says.

I bought a 2007 Chevy Silverado out of the states outer ring is in mph but it's inner ring is in Kilometers. So yes it is possible.

I bought a 2007 Chevy Silverado out of the states outer ring is in mph but it's inner ring is in Kilometers. So yes it is possible.

Thanks guys ....I will let you know the outcome ..... My bro in law will do the test drive and measure to see if its kil or miles ..thanks for that "Time" ! ... great idea we actually both overlooked.

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Thanks guys ....I will let you know the outcome ..... My bro in law will do the test drive and measure to see if its kil or miles ..thanks for that "Time" ! ... great idea we actually both overlooked.

My bro-in law did the drive distance test and guess what ? Well the truck turned out to be in miles NOT kilometers. The sales guy apparently said " wow that was a good idea to check that way".
THANKS for that tip, Time.
The sales guy apparently insisted there was a "switch" above the visor but not to be ....what a surprise. Then the story was " the previous owner told us there was a switch to change the miles to kilometers there. They still have their truck and apparently the ad still has the odometer # listed as Kilometers.....buyer beware!!

Back