1996 Suzuki - DF 9.9 Part need urgently

sir-vivor

Need Help,

Heading to Bamfield but busted a bolt on my Suzuki 1996 DF 9.9, the bolt was for the oil filter cap on the engine. its a three bolt cap and I busted one off. I was lucky enough the get the broken piece extracted but need a new bolt now.

Does anyone have a parted out Suzuki 1996 DF 9.9 , 4 stroke that is parted out and you can sell me one of the bolts I need ?

Please let me know, I live in Richmond, would be will to pick it up anywhere in the lower mainland.

Just PM or post and I'll be monitoring .

Will be leaving on the 13th of June, if I find the bolt .

Just as a side note does anyone know where a good supplier is who has various and unusual bolts for sale , so I can give them a try ??????

Clint
PS Tried the Marine dealers ... week to 10 day delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steveston Hardware doesn't have one?

Can you make do with two bolts for now and just silicone third hole for time being?

I'm guessing its a metric bolt, possibly fine thread too
I would check a couple of the import auto dealers, (Toyota, Honda etc....)
when I worked for Toyota I always had a bulk supply of metric nuts and bolts of various sizes on hand,
just take one of the other ones with you to match it up, hit the automall I'm sure you'll find something
just a thought

I bought a kicker from a shop in steveston. I can't remember the name or location but all they did was outboards. They had old motors stacked like cord wood. Google search that area.

is this the part:

http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/BP_AP_AssemblyDetail.asp?ID=2779

if so it is just an M6 x 20 bolt.....nothing fancy there. just call your local fastener (fastenall, indufast etc) supply and go pick one up, you may need to buy 10 but no big deal there. if you absolutely can't find one go visit your local machine shop and have them make you one.

GnB

pacific fasteners in bby, just off 1st.

they are the costco of fasteners... every thing thinkable under the sun, a metric bolt will be no problem for them.

Have an '07 df 9.9 parts motor if its interchangeable your welcome to come pull the one you need.

Back