18Ft Jetcraft Aluminum (Like Early Kingfisher)

Howzer

I have a neighbour who's thinking of selling his 18' 'Jetcraft' (make), looks like this one I found on-line: https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L51828102

Any ideas how it would handle the chuck, like running to Thrasher, or trailering to Barkely Sd.?

Also, what would be a fair price? (His has 2 Honda o/b's, I think both early 2000's, a 90HP and a 9.9hp

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Jet boats are generally quite flat bottomed, not really suited to any type of chop or waves, would be pretty rough ride in any weather.

This was a brand called "Jetcraft" (bought by Harbercraft and renamed Kingfisher, I think) - not a river 'jetboat' as such.... not saying that it might not be more suitable for lakes than the ocean though - that's what I'd like to know...

As @happy hooker said... it’s going to slap pretty good in any sort of chop. But if you’re tall and don’t mind losing an inch or pick your days it will be fine. I have noticed fishing out of those style hulls they don’t rock nearly as much than a deeper V once you’ve made it to the grounds, you’ll get pushed around by the wind more however.

I think there was a time when Kingfisher would build 2 boats the same, but call one a Jetcraft for the US market and the Canadian market boat had a different name. email them and ask.

Back