Your thoughts on a New Sounder??

SpringFever552

My sounder finally gave up while I was away this past weekend,lost my first cannon ball in like 15 years!, so now I'm looking to buy a new one.
For my plotters,I'm running a Standard Horizon cp180i,and a Garmin 76csx.
I know the Standard Horizon can do double/triple duty and I could add a sounder and radar, but love it as/is for now

Was leaning toward the Furuno fcv620, does anyone out there have one??? if so do you like it?

OR...would love to hear thoughts on other brands,like the new Lowrance or Garmin units...
My old one was a Lowrance and I did like it, so much so it came with me through 3 different boats

thanks in advance for any info given

I would take a serious look at the new Lowrance HDS systems.

You can get gps, sounder, and radar in one package. The new HDS sounders are quite incredible.

http://www.lowrance.ca/Products/Marine/HDS-High-Definition-System/

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

If you want to replace it on the cheap I just replaced my older FCV665 with the HDS10 Lowrance.It always worked great but I wanted to clear my dash so I went to 1 unit that does everything.It can be had for a 24 pack if your in Victoria.Transducer included.

hey spring loaded i might be interested in your fcv665
how can i get ahold of you

I have a 1 kilowatt Furuno 585...awesome unit.

I have a Lowrance HD too for my GPS and sounder backup. This is my 3rd Lowrance in about 6 years, the others crapped out. So we will see what lasts longer this time Lowrance HD or Furuno. My money is not with the HD, even though it only gets used in the fog for gps.

profisher i'm looking at that 585 also. did you go with the 1/kw thruhull transducer? that what the shop is saying to go with. if so how do you like it? looks like the cost is a couple grand at least.

rum chum

I went with a big bronze thru hull, but have it mounted on a 2 piece sliding stainless pole bolted to the transom. I can retract it up behind the transom when running then drop it down while fishing. I use a Scotty downrigger bolt with the plastic grips for my locking screw. I think the ducer was 7 or 8 hundred bucks.

I bought the Furuno FCV620 this summer because my old one went. I love it, now have it dialed in like no sounder I have had in the past. Only wish I would have stepped up and bought the chart plotter/sounder combo.

You woun't be disappointed thats for sure. Doesn't take up much room, great color and clear sreen. See my jigs at 300ft!

Bear Cove Cottages Sports Fishing Destination
www.bearcovecottages.ca
Port Hardy BC
Canada

Well I bought and installed the Furuno fcv620 yesturday, took it out for a water test today,wow HUGE difference compared to the old one I had, cant wait to give it a serious sea trail on the weekend:),

THANKS to all who replied with input,

SF552

Back