Your opinion?

Sure doesn't look clipped to me. Hard to see real clearly. Looks like it's sticking up between his fingers though.

I was out on the bank out of Bamfield on Monday (the chicken ranch) and there were 6 of the Ucluelet Princess boats there. Lots and lots of nice coho caught. We never saw them throw back one. Our catch was probably 4 or 5 wild fish to each hatchery caught. I doubt they were only catchin hatchery:D Has anyone ever seen the same thing? If they are keeping the wild fish and you do the math, 4 fish per fisherman on those big boats, that's a lot of wild fish. Maybe they were releasing them all on the opposite side of the boats:D:D

It might be better that the puker boats are keeping those wild cohos instead of killing 60 to get there limit.

quote:Originally posted by saltybeaver

It might be better that the puker boats are keeping those wild cohos instead of killing 60 to get there limit.

I stated as much to WDFW. From personal experience, I would kill way fewer wild fish if I kept the first two I caught. They're thinking of insituting some special hook rule instead, when we are already barbless. It's not the type of hook in the fish, it's the fact that they get hooked in the gills, eyes, tongue, etc..

Hey guys, give it up, go fishing............:D Striper Sniper

Heres the picture lightened up and if you safe it to your computer and blow it up you be the judge! ;)

Newman3.jpg

Cheers ME

After further review, the penalty stands.
Two minutes for posing with an unclipped Ho.

quote:Originally posted by MyEscape

Heres the picture lightened up and if you safe it to your computer and blow it up you be the judge! ;)

Newman3.jpg

Cheers ME

I enhanced the picture brightness to 100% with Photoshop, and the result is quite clear.;)

Wild coho are not open that way yet?

I know in Renfrew you can keep the wild coho. It is supposed to be only inside the bay but they are open. Check your local regs, you might be able to keep some wild fish now.

I Dont suppose that that coho was caught in proximity to Neah bay,U.S.A?I dont think DFO has any influence there,eh?

quote:Originally posted by Jockey

That's a legal fish!!

Check the regs before you flame somebody. Neah Bay is area 4.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/area04_e.htm#Salmon

Coho's are open, have at her.

Couple too many Friday afternoon wooblies there Jockey. First off, Neah Bay encompasses US waters and Area 4 refers an American Management Area. Secondly, the issue isn't coho retention but wild coho retention. With that said, I have no idea what there present regs are.

Not passing judgement on the legality of the fish as I have no idea about what is open or not in Neah Bay but when the photo is enlarged and you look at right side of the middle finger you can see the top of the finger above the knuckle but clearly the bottom half of the finger is obscured by an object that is about the size and colour of an Adipose fin. As well the finger on the far right is elevated and appears to have a similar looking object under it. But pictures can be deceiving.

As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will;) I've heard that the majority (?) of hatchery fish are not clipped...I guess only a hatchery person could make the call on this.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by urchin

As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will;) I've heard that the majority (?) of hatchery fish are not clipped...I guess only a hatchery person could make the call on this.

Tom

I worked in a few SEP hatcheries in the late 90's and only a percentage of hatchery reared fish were marked and clipped. It would be next to impossible to determine if an unmarked fish is in fact wild or enhanced.

Back