Your New Ideas For Sportfishingbc

MyEscape

As you can see we have been hard at work doing many upgrades to the forum and will be doing the same for the site itself with new information links etc on the home page. However we believe that many of you might have some great ideas on making this an even better site.
Your opinions count so don't be affraid to speak up.

Your Sportsfishingbc Moderating Team

The interest and location of most of the members, from what I have seen, seems to be mostly oriented towards Vancouver Island, both salt and freshwater.

Without annoying the powers that be, can it be emphasized that this is the general focus. Fish BC, FlyBC, and numerous other boards seem to cover the mainland and interior quite well, no need to clutter up this board with the same info.

Just a thought.

Time, there is also good quality discussion on the forum about other areas and certain fisheries such as QCI, Cap, Horseshoe Bay etc etc. I do agree with you that the majority of the discussion is about Vancouver Island area fisheries however there is still a lot of valuble information discussed about other areas.

Just my thoughts

TT

You're right TT.

To clarify my earlier comment, my thought was not to take away from postings such as Redfoxes posting on King Crabs or searching for info on Rupert, the Charlottes or fishing off the mouth of the Cap, but to avoid becoming a clone to some of the other boards out there. I may not fish there, but do find (most of) the posts interesting, and recognize that not everything posted will appeal to all.

As more features are added the board will become more attractive, better known and have more members, all of which is for the good, but if the net is cast too wide, the dilution of topics posted to will overwhelm us. Another forum, for example, hosting the annual debate on flossing sockeye on the Fraser isn't really necessary, for example. Now if the flow in question is the Stamp, then bring it on.

I, for one, confess I have learned an awful lot here. Still read this board almost daily it seems, because the topics are interesting and relevant.

on the main forum selection screen, i think it would be better to show the last post replied on (the topic name), the time it was replied, and who replied it, rather than the last time anything was replied too
now:
03/23/2007
20:20:41
by: xxx blah blah

new idea:

last post:
salmon brine
5:31pm
by: xxx blah blah

OR:

Last Post:
Re: Penn Reels
3/25/2007 5:15 PM by great white

I see what most are referring to but keep in mind the main title of this Forum, Sportfishing BC. Thus sports fishing,freshwater and saltwater covering the whole province.

Rather than average/new/junior member (based on the number of posts)... maybe we could have more "fishy" terms...

Something like fry, smolt, jack.... or you could go with Greenhorn, angler, guide....

just a thought

myescape, this is a great site, many thanks to your hard work. My advice is to keep it simple, ive seen boards get really busy and it made them far to complicated.

cheers

Great site...I'm sure I speak for most saying your efforts are appreciated.

Topics arise from time to time were it appears M.W.S.D's use this site to tell the world how great they are and how stupid or immoral everyone else is...there's one going right now...
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5744

How about the occasional lock?...or pictures of members and/or their boat which appear next to their alias when posting (loss of anonimity may help guys get along).

JM $0.02

I know there is only a few on here that fish the northwest but I think we are thankful to be able to share the board. As one who only gets to fish a few times a year I appreciate anything I can learn on here from the experts who are able to fish year round.

quote:I, for one, confess I have learned an awful lot here. Still read this board almost daily it seems, because the topics are interesting and relevant.

Its a great site, i've learned all sorts of info. I find myself reading about the stamp river reports even when I have never attempted steelhead fishing. Its all good stuff;)

Right ON Suds! I could not agree with you more. Thanks to you that keep this site running.
RO
quote:Originally posted by SUDS

I know there is only a few on here that fish the northwest but I think we are thankful to be able to share the board. As one who only gets to fish a few times a year I appreciate anything I can learn on here from the experts who are able to fish year round.

Thanx for your work on the site TT & My Escape love the new picture feature.Sorry for all the photos downloaded by myself ,but I finally figured out how and couldn't wait to post my pics.Keep up the good work.

how about a repair/how to section, i guess most of that could go under general, just a thought

Lots of great idea's but I think most would agree keep it simple.[8D]

Will be upgrading features but not complexity.;)

Everyone seems too be enjoying the new picture feature and buy sell forum. Ya it might take a bit for everyone to get the hang of posting pics but we are here to help.

Remember the members are what makes this site so your opinions and input count. :D

JMHO Cheers ME

Back