Your Favorite Freshwater Month And Why

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Forum' started by Dan, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Dan

Dan Member

As someone who has been actively fishing for only 9 months or so, I'm interested in hearing what the non noobs have to say on this.
    ....shoot !
  2. kunni

kunni Active Member

probably may, because I can slay smallies in the morning, and still get trout. early may is the best, because the bass are spawning, and easy to catch, but the trout are still active, because it is not into the heart of summer. I am still a bit of a noob, especially with the bass.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  3. Lipripper

Lipripper Active Member

Every month has its times..

That goes for lakes, rivers, and chuck.

Right place at the right time.. I've got 20 inch trout out of Glen lake shore fishing dry flies in December.. Doubt I'll duplicate it but it was a fun couple days
  4. kunni

kunni Active Member

is glen lake any good, always seen it on a map next to langford. can I launch a cartopper there?

5. Lipripper

Lipripper Active Member

Its a good drag.. Go try it.
  6. River Rat

River Rat Member

June = Chironomid fishing the High Country.
  7. Red Carey

Red Carey Member

End of June beginning of July on Sheridan Lake. The Traveller Sedge fly hatch is heart stopping. Nothing like it except may be steel on a dry.
  8. Canso

Canso Well-Known Member

May and June in Kamloops
    lots of fly action, great hatches
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  9. CVmike

CVmike Active Member

I'd have to say either trolling plugs around the river mouths in the big lakes in November, or basically all through spring flyfishing nymphs and dry flies.
  10. All depends on the lake i think. smaller stocked lakes for bait fishing id say april is the best month
  11. Mourning Wood

Mourning Wood Member

November on Cowichan has been good for me as well with the plugs. Killer trout full of kokanee and you snag the odd spawned out salmon on the light gear.