You BEST COHO LURE

Hold my rod

Hello, so what's your best lure for COHO on the chuck or fishing river mouth areas. Hard to beat an old Krippled K fluorescent Red and Chrome ....... What's your fave

HMR

In my experience the lure is not important. As long as you are doing everything in your power to target springs and not catch coho then you will be sure to catch exclusively coho.

Herring strip when you can get it. Most hootchies or spoons with green, blue, white or UV. Coho are not hard to catch, they are aggressive feeders and will take just about anything, including banana peel in a strip holder.

Fishing from the beach, smaller trout sized spoons like krokodiles seem to get more hits for myself. If however you have developed the sharp horizontal jig I see is so prevalent, then I guess a buzz bomb with the biggest hook one can legally use.

on the chuck: LURES: pink and gold 4.5 Apex, red and silver 4.5 Apex, silver hootchie with gold insert, white hootchie upside down, gold and silver glitter strip in a super strip holder. BAITS; super strip, anchovies (small), small strip, and late season... whole herring.
river mouth; sorry your on your own there pal.

Tom Mack size 5 Chrome or chrome and brass ( 50%/50%) Chrome and blue, Chrome and purple are killers!

Take your pick

IMGP0819.jpg

IMGP0817.jpg

Dogbreath - I don't own any of those broken back Tomic plugs and it seems no one ever mentions them (or hardly ever mentions them). Do you fish them often? If so, when and for what? How do they perform relative to the std. Tomic plugs?

Dogbreath - I don't own any of those broken back Tomic plugs and it seems no one ever mentions them (or hardly ever mentions them). Do you fish them often? If so, when and for what? How do they perform relative to the std. Tomic plugs?
I've only ever used them fished up shallow and they are deadly for both Coho & Springs-bought some years ago On Sale/changed the colours up a bit and they have been my Ace-in-the-Hole ever since.

Back