Yo-zuri Crystal Minnow - Restoration steps

Hello BC Anglers
I hope this post find you well. Continuing with my Restoration Series posts, this time I chose a very common lure. I’m sure that many of you have fished before with a Yo-zuri Crystal Minnow.
It is a versatile lure, and there are many colours and options in the stores. It is armed with strong hooks, and is very effective for short casts.

I have some old plugs of these lures in my box of forgetfulness. The one I chose is the SHBK … Originally, it was light brown back, silver belly, and iridescent Gold/Silver/Blue/Pink plenty of black dots in both sides.

Unfortunately with time and action, as happens with many other plugs it became to be scratched for the action. Then, it was forgotten on the bottom of the tacklebox for years.

When I see the original colours, I decided to change them at all… I thought to convert it into a different lure with shocking pink front, black back, and silver sides. At the end, I painted something a little bit different to my initial thoughts.

I invite you to see the transformation of this lure, please let me know your comments, critics, and recommendation…all will be more than welcome.

Before to say goodbye, I just want to announce that next Restorations to come are two Japanese lures, a Megabass Halibut and a DUO Blazin.

Thank you, and here it is the link to the video:

Back