Yamaha T8 Tiller Throttle Cable Adjustment

TenMile

Hey guys,

Anyone know the proper way of adjusting the throttle cable on a Yamaha T8 with tiller? When I move the tiller up/down the throttle increases or decreases to about 50% of the throttle range. I think this means there isn't enough tension on one of the two throttle cables but I wanted someone to confirm before I started going at it with the wrenches.

TenMile
<'((((><

it sounds like the cable came out of the saddle, you know, where the jam nuts are.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

If it's the motor I think it is the two cables rap around a small black wheel. If so look closely at the upper rear part of the wheel and you should see two raised marks,one on the wheel, one on the bracket the wheel is attached to. Put throttle at full banana's with tiller grip. Adjust cables to line up the two marks. When lined up adjust turnbuckel on carb link to allow carb to just fully open. It should be adjusted now. At the black wheel end of the throttle link the link raps around a little tit thing on the wheel, there must be some space at idle between link and wheel to allow for full idle return.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Back