Yamaha Power For Sale

Doug

2006 Yamaha F250 TXR (long shaft) and big block 9.9 (long shaft) Yamaha kicker for sale.

I'm re powering my boat in the next few weeks and have the existing power for sale. Both engines have over a year warranty remaining which is transferable. The package in 99% parts complete and ready to go and includes most of the major components so you will not be nickeled and dimed to death adding cables, controls, gauges and the wiring kit.

All maintenance has been performed and records on file.

- Used 2006 Yamaha F250 TXR (long shaft) with an estimated 500+- hours (you have to hook it to the scope to get the exact hours count)
- Used Yamaha pinnacle controls and cables
- Used two gauges and wires kit that comes out. You'll need these to control the engine
- One year Yamaha engine warranty which ends Feb 2012 (transfer of warranty inlc.)
- You pick the engine/controls/gauges up from PBH.

The price for the 250 hp will be $11,000 (no taxes)
- Add the used salt water series SS Prop ($300 extra)

The price will be $11,300 (no taxes)

- Add the 9.9 kicker for an additional $2K

The price will be $13,000 with no prop on the 250 (no taxes)

The price will be $13,300 with the prop on the 250 (no taxes)

If you are interested please call me (250 391-4465) before Nov. 1st because the boat is scheduled to go to Port Alberni the 1st week of Nov.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Roy

I've purchased a 2011 F300XCA and a new 9.9 Yamaha. The 300 is 50 hp more and 50 lb less in weight but costs allot more but it's a right off against all the money I make fishing (LOL).

The 250 hp I have started having gear box problems in the last few days so Yamaha said they will re build the gear box under warranty. So I tried to sell the 250 hp engine ($11300) and had a guy interested but he has yet to come up with the deposit and if he doesn't I'll trade the engines in and someone can pay the taxes and extras when they buy them.

With the 250 hp still having over a year warranty, gauges, wiring kit, control and whoever buys it would pick up the engine from the dealer (who will transfer the warranty) when it's rebuilt at the end of Jan 2011, I thought it was a good deal. Now I know it was a good deal because I see in Oct 29th paper that S&G has camp return 150 hp ( 300 hrs+-) for 10,500 +1,260 taxes = $11,760 + plus controls, gauges.........(another 2K+).

My deal for the new engines is done so If I don't get some cash from whoever by Friday I'll trade them in.

Now I just have to get the boat to Port Alberni for a week+- and then back to my covered storage.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Good for you man yes im going to repower as well go from 260 hp to 420 hp in the winter as well now hopefully we will have a season.

Wolf

No a 377 getting it from a buddy its a 400 block with a 350 crank in it lots of power I dont want to go much faster I just want more bottom shot and holding power and with all i read and researched ill even get better fuel as ill be running slower rpm as i dont want more speed it cruises now at 26 to 30 at 3400 rpms. so if I go ;wer to 3000 rpm doing the same speed thats all I really want.....

Wolf

Roy

If you're getting a deal on a stroker engine go for it. They are lighter and develop more power. Most of my friends racing are now running Chevy stroker motors because of the knock off Chinese part you can buy for cheap.

The engine I'm running in my car is an LT1 (30K over = 355) with Dart ported and polished heads, wolverine SS values steel crank, racing rods, aluminum pistons and BBed. It's guaranteed to 7,000 rpms. 375 Hp. The way I built this motor I get excellent power over 4,000 RPM while still getting great fuel economy. It's been the best motor I've ever built that makes power while still getting good gas mileage and it's bullet proof. I rev it to 6200 ever day I drive it. The trick is in the cam and intake manifold.

If you're interested I have the specs.

Once you get the new engine you better get your name on the back of the boat because that's all most people will be seeing. I guess I'll have to put in ear plugs every morning at the dock.

Did you know Al's engine is a 388 stroker.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Thanks for the input doug sorry to hijack your thread yep just getting the finishing toches in order got a new marine carb already just got to do a re and re and it will be good to go probablly in dec some time after hunting season LOL
Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey doug thought it was a 383???? or am i missing something??thought it was a 350 block with a 400 crank???

Wolf

Roy

You are correct it should have read 383. A 388 would be 15,000+- over a 350.

Both the new engines are on and the boat is going to the paint shop Friday. I should have it back in town next week. I also install a new SDS prop. Can't wait to get out there and try the new system out.

My old F250 gear box had a pinion gear snap off. Yamaha replaced the entire bottom end. The engine only had 505 hours on it. Yamaha had no problem with providing warranty and no questions asked. I'll continue to support Yamaha

The Port Boat House is excellant to deal with, reasonable prices and great service. They under priced everyone who quoted me by $2K+

Back