Yamaha Cowling

fish brain

Crew Member
I am still in search of a cowling for my kicker motor. I have created a new thread because I incorrectly called it a 9.9 in my last one. It is actually a 2005 T8 It came with the boat, and I have always just called it a 9 but it turns out it is an 8. Now that is embarrassing!
I have been searching everywhere for a used one with no luck. I understand that a cowling from a 6 or 9.9 will fit depending on who I talk to. I can order a new one, but they are on back order and cost almost $600. I am leaving for a fishing trip to Tahsis on Tuesday, and it would sure be nice to have a replacement by then. If anyone has a parts motor I would consider buying the whole thing.
upload_2017-8-4_8-45-20.jpeg

I have a 2006 t8 parts motor. I'd wanna sell it as a package though, it's missing the power tilt unit.
Good powerhead, extra long shaft, electric start, new swivel bracket
Not sure where you're located but I'm in North Van

Try contact Nik Hedley on Facebook. He has lot of cowling for sale.
He lives in malhant on Vancouver island.

I am still looking.
Does anyone have a parts motor?

I seem to remember seeing a guy on the island who has an outboard graveyard posting on used victoria a bunch. Maybe look on there and see?

I will check again. I have called all the motor fiexerupper guys with phone numbers. any of the ones with email only haven't felt the need to contact me back.

Back