Yamaha 9.9Hp HT stolen last night

Sir Reel

I had my 2013 Yamaha 9.9 hp HT stolen off my boat last night. The boat sits on a trailer in a secure compound at Crescent Beach Marina. The thief's cut through the chain link fence and avoided multiple high definition security cameras. My boat is completely covered and you cannot see the boat or motor so am thinking it was targeted. There was another boat broken into same night. The motor is bolted on with lock nuts through the bracket plus the 2 wing nuts were locked as well. I had a Garmin TR1 and all hydraulic hoses, battery connections and fuel lines were cut. The Garmin hydraulic cylinder would have still been on the motor and it uses different bolts to attach it to the motor. I still have the original bolts I took out.
There is a picture of the motor on the boat before I installed the Garmin. I have a picture of what the actuator would have looked like on the motor too. The Yamaha would have looked like brand new. No scratches or anything. Has a stainless steel prop guard as well.
Is a power tilt, long shaft, tiller model. SN is 6AVKX1021395B
I have filed a report with White Rock RCMP.
The thief's did leave some tools at the scene so hoping we can get some fingerprints off them.
Worst part is I am only a few weeks from a couple of big fishing trips and now I have to scramble ( and pay) to get a new motor installed. Not sure how I can even replace the Garmin Cylinder unless I buy the whole unit.
Pissed does not even begin to describe how I feel.
If any one has any information or tips please contact me or the White Rock RCMP. Case # is 16-101204

IMG_9767 (Medium).JPG
Garmin TR1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9767 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9767 (Medium).JPG
    305.9 KB · Views: 11
So sorry to hear about that happening to you. I sure hope it doesn't wreck your holiday plans. Sure makes you long for the old days when they just strung up horse thieves.

Hope it works out for you.

I ordered my tr-1 parts thru west marine when they were in richmond, Vancouver store should be able to as well if theyre still open

I share sf552's and tbg's sentiments.
they need to bring back public courtyard shaming in wooden locked stocks to these lowlifes or something...
sorry for the loss sir reel.

Thanks guys.
Now having to deal with insurance and find a replacement. Everything was all dialled in and working great which sucks.
Going to have to figure out how to prevent it happening again. Besides bolting it and locking it what else can you do?
I guess if they really want it they will figure out a way.

The plastic wing nuts will smash easily, I use a heavy chain with a quality padlock from a locksmith (about 100 bucks) right through the leg and back to the transom tie downs. A bike lock works if you don't have room to feed it through the leg. It might slow them down or at least **** them off.

There were stainless bolts through the bracket and a lock nut on the other side. Thinking of welding the nuts on so you need a grinder to get them off.

When I was a kid about 50 years ago my dad had a freezer in the garage full of meat. It was locked but the pried it open ruined the freezer and still got the meat. My dad will tell you to this day he should have left the key in the lock and at least his freezer wouldn't have been ruined. You need to think this thru as if they really want it and ruin the back end of the boat to get it your worse off than if they just stole the motor. I think you pretty well had it right, did what you could and hopefully the pricks have Karma bite them back.

better yet i can take a s/s washer weld it to 3/4 tube 1" long place this under the nut, once the bolt and nut are tight weld another washer to the other end of the tube.

this way they can't get tools on the nut. if you weld the nut to the bolt it makes it easy to break off

Make it real difficult, besides the lock/locks, have cameras and led motion alarms installed.

sorry for your loss, crappy thing to go to your boat to find something wrong. i've lost 2 motors in the past. 25hp evinrude with bar lock across the mounts and a merc 9.9.
now, i'm not a thief but you could do all the above mods and looking at your picture. i could take that from you in 3 mins flat without a sound. you can weld all you want on or over the bolts. 3 mins and its gone. if your plugged in then like stosh says Motion sensor and flashing light or wireless app to your phone or...... put a tracer on it. there the size of a nickle and can locate your motor anywhere in the world with your phone

that sucks, im always worried ill come to my boat to find something missing like that.

is that a power lift/kicker bracket? what make is it?

that sucks, im always worried ill come to my boat to find something missing like that.

is that a power lift/kicker bracket? what make is it?
It is a power lift bracket and came with the boat. Sea Sport must have had them made. I would like it to have a longer bracket so it's up down range is more. Other than that works great and is really solid

So I have been away with work and was just able to get to the boat on Wednesday. The Marina manger was the one who originally told me about the Yamaha 9.9. I have now discovered that they took my dinghy motor too. A 4hp Yamaha. It sure is upsetting to put so much work into something and then have somebody take it all cause they can't get a $&@;! Job and buy their own stuff.
I must say that I have been working with Dolphin Insurance and so far they have been excellent. Fast and very understanding. Still going to cost me $1000 so some else can enjoy fishing with my motors.
Hopefully I can get them replaced and installed before my fishing trip early August.

Back