Yamaha 60 Enduro

Klob

I'am trying to troubleshoot a problem with my Enduro. It is a '91 bought from Campbell River Yamaha in '94. I will be cruising nicely at about 3000 RPM and it will completely bog down as though it is starved for gas. It is not over heating, has a good stream of **** but will only come back to life after trolling around for 10 or 15 minutes. I have changed the fuel pump diafram, bypassed the fuel system, changed plugs, cleaned carb but nothing has helped. I treat it like a kitten and have had many hours of great boating but I'am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

have had the same thing happen with the yamaha 40. Let it run at full throttle for a couple of minutes when it Boggs down. Shut it down and see which plug is wet. Try changing plug 1st, Second check the plug wire is secure on the plug (this was the problem this week) 3rd, replace the coil for that plug, You may try swithing around coils and troubleshoot to see if that causes the other plug to not fire. Scott Ross on Stelly's will sell you a used coil for cheap.

I had that happeneing on my 97' Yamaha C60. Some one told me to cruise around at about 1500 rpm, then choke it until it almost dies, and repeat it for a few cycles. It sucks and crap out of the carbs. It worked for me. It happened about a year ago and since then its run fine.

Sounds to me like you are having a carb problem. Mine did the same. Took carbs off, soaked, high pressure blew and everything was fine after that. See if that works.

Sounds to me like you are having a carb problem. Mine did the same. Took carbs off, soaked, high pressure blew and everything was fine after that. See if that works.

Same thing happened to me. Took carbs off, soaked and pressure blew them. Things were fine after that.

Easiest first,check the coil make sure you have the right voltage.if you can remove it, shake it gently if it souds like you a have a water bottle it's bad,shouldn't hear sloshing.carbs sorry i'd do what these other guys said,see wich plugs wet.

I would say it’s got a cooling passage blockage and is over heating. Based on its age, it's about due for that problem. The **** stream indicates the pump is good but that doesn’t mean the head is getting circulation it needs. My have to pull the cylinder head off and clear the water jacket out.

Good luck

Back