Yamaha 13.5X16 Steel Prop

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
In mint shape. 13.5X16 Black powder coated prop. for sale. Came with my boat and it didn't work for me. Wrong size for my boat.

I need 13X19 alum. prop if you are interested in trading.

Mine is a 90hp 2stroke... But it does not work well on my motor/boat. It fits fine but it's the wrong size for the motor/boat. Does knowing what I have for a motor tell you something about the prop that does not work for me?

Hey FA I have some other props that may work for you to trade, thats why I wanted to know what you had. Would a 17 pitch work for you? BRS

13X19 in alum. works really well for me. So if some one had one I would trade them staight up. I can buy a 13X19 alum. for about $80-130 depending on who you buy it thru. Some guys like the steel props so I though I would put it out there. Hoping to save some one a few dollars.

Cheers,

If you're looking to trade your old stainless prop for a new stainless prop, you should move down in pitch from 19. In stainless you'd probably want a 17 or 18P. I have two 17P aluminum Solas Rubex props that will fit your motor. one is a 3 blade and the other is a four blade, both were used only briefly for testing purposes. They come with the user replaceable style hub kit.

What is your max rpms at full throttle, and what is your recommended RPM range for your motor. Unless your boat is very light, a 19P prop seems a little high. The 19P you are using may seem to run much better on your boat compared to the 16P, but you may be over propped. You should be running in the top half of the recommended RPM range or you may be lugging your motor.

I have a 16 ft silver streak I max. out at about 5500-6000rpm 30-34 mph... At 4500rpm fully loaded I run at 24-26mph.. Seems good to me. And thats with alum. I wish to stay with alum.

You're right FA, that's a good range. I was thinking you had an 18ft alum like me, that would run better with a 17P. Try to find exactly the same prop as your using on the boat now. Just because it's another 19 P prop means nothing, they could run completely different on your boat.

I'm sure someone will want that prop. It would fit nicely on my motor, but I've got to stop collecting props. I've got 2 stainless 17P props, one 15P stainless, and 2 aluminum 17P props for my main, as well as several spares for my kicker. It's a sickness of some kind I think.

Good for you for getting rid of all your extra stuff lately.

Back