Xm satalite radio on boat

Fishtank

What head units and antennas are you guys using out there?looking for some feedback,I'm in the market for one right now. Thanks in advace

Westmarine's your friend..... Fusion unit with the antennae they sell at Westmarine. Works great on the West Coast and anywhere you don't get local radio.

Westmarine's your friend..... Fusion unit with the antennae they sell at Westmarine. Works great on the West Coast and anywhere you don't get local radio.
The fusion unit i looked at you needed to buy an extra satalite module and anouther module if i wanted Bluetooth,then a antenna to boot

Ya, looks like you now need the Sirius SXV30 Sat receiver, and, the Shakespeare SRA-25 Sirius XM antennae. About $150 for the two of them. Not sure about the Bluetooth piece and I don't use it.

Why not a standalone satellite reciever and whatever head unit you want? The. You can move the satellite to other rigs or wherever you put another docking station or move the one to.

Ya that's what i was thinking but wanted to hear what marine antennas and satalite units people were using

I have a Sirius car adaptor and antenna mounted on my boat. The FM repeater is part of the kit and connects to my Boss head unit through the antenna input. I use it with the Sirius receiver I have in my truck which I move to the boat. Works great.

I have a Sirius car adaptor and antenna mounted on my boat. The FM repeater is part of the kit and connects to my Boss head unit through the antenna input. I use it with the Sirius receiver I have in my truck which I move to the boat. Works great.
So your using the car antenna on the boat with no issues then?

So your using the car antenna on the boat with no issues then?

Yes - I used some double sided tape to attach it to the bow and ran the line through the hatch (2101 Striper WA) to the car adaptor. I have another adaptor in my truck and move the receiver back and forth. It's worked fine for 3 years.

Im kicking myself for not getting a second Sirius tuner when installed it in my truck, truck unit is built in non removeable...have friends using the car tuner in boat with no problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back