wtm or buy small boat stabilizers

1marko

so this is to help with a 12 ft v bottom
older Sears with I believe a 54 in beam
fairly narrow . 5 deg in the back and approx 40 up front.
now I've googled lots of ideas from ballasts to triggers and even distribution of weight. but the fact remains you cannot learn to one side without tipping...I can deal with that
but is annoying at times.
next question.
has anyone here heard of or even
used a "Kaptan Collar" ..?
these are made a distributed from
Australia and do intrigue me..
https://goo.gl/images/GGRQaX

I do like my 55 year family old sears 12' tinny.just about lost my life at a early age ancored of nixon cr cowichan lk in that craft. Still have the boat . So are these flotation strips port& starbord? ps i love to be able to set the outboard 90 to the keel and sit in the center seat displacing the weight port /starbord to stear while sipping morning coffee.

Not sure about what is out there to make them more stable side to side but definitely running a pole from the tiller handle so you can sit in the middle seat makes the boat way more controllable if by yourself. Keeps the bow level on plane and you don't fight the wind nearly as much while trolling as the boat will track better. I used a home made pole with a piece of hard rubber hose on the end that fit snugly on the tiller handle but also pulled off easily when you wanted it off.

Back