WTB Trophy Titan XL Mooching Rod - 10'6" TTSA-3106

Love em excellent rods closest you will come to a sage without the price imo. Heard the new ones with the plastic reel seats are not the same though. Pretty sure @Rain City can help clarify that

Love em excellent rods closest you will come to a sage without the price imo. Heard the new ones with the plastic reel seats are not the same though. Pretty sure @Rain City can help clarify that
Correctamundo. Butt section has a tendency to blow up. Not the same product since whatever changed.

I have had older generation in 2106, 3106 and 4106. Runaway from 4016 it breaks at the feral every time. 2106 is fantastic for winters or shallow fishing/mooching and I can't break them (still have 2). The 3106 was unreal, but I only had one of those and had a user error on the tip section unfortunately very sad about that.

NOW that being said I had faith the new line would be great so I got 3 of the 3106 since that's my favourite. 2 broke in my office and the 3rd was returned. It seems the next generation of the rods live up to the made in CHINA.

Afterwards, I bought a 3106 sage, no issues at all. I have had my other 3106 sage for 10+ years best rod for the money hands down for salmon don't even try to argue against that.

Moral of the story buy a sage and it will take care of you for a long time and it's worth fixing them! (unless you can find an old generation titan 3106 ;)

I have had older generation in 2106, 3106 and 4106. Runaway from 4016 it breaks at the feral every time. 2106 is fantastic for winters or shallow fishing/mooching and I can't break them (still have 2). The 3106 was unreal, but I only had one of those and had a user error on the tip section unfortunately very sad about that.

NOW that being said I had faith the new line would be great so I got 3 of the 3106 since that's my favourite. 2 broke in my office and the 3rd was returned. It seems the next generation of the rods live up to the made in CHINA.

Afterwards, I bought a 3106 sage, no issues at all. I have had my other 3106 sage for 10+ years best rod for the money hands down for salmon don't even try to argue against that.

Moral of the story buy a sage and it will take care of you for a long time and it's worth fixing them! (unless you can find an old generation titan 3106 ;)
How much is the sage?

Current version of the TTSA 3106 is not Made In China. It is offshore, as is the majority of rods are.

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification. :)

The fact remains I had 66% breakage on the new 3106 so I'm running away from that product line as fast as I can until others give the green light. Mooching rods should not break in your hands as you put them together for the first time. The rods came shipped in a tube with lots and lots of stuffing. Rods looked MINT, no damage. They just fell apart as soon as it put them together, I just laughed and sent them back and bought 1 good rod instead.

Lots of other cheaper rods out there that are much more durable than new titan IMO. Disappointing the new titan isn't an improvement, I was really excited to have a couple "budget-friendly" sages in the line-up.

Like I said the old 3106 and 2106 are fantastic so if someone can find those buy them up. Beautiful rods with great components.

Back