WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

This...I fish around the box on our Hourston and its love / hate...i like having the table there but it does take up room. I don't know what the deal is with that diesel Hourston Sportfish but it has been for sale for ever. Personally I feel that these waters are based worked with outboards so I am starting my own process about podding the Island Runner.

The seller of that 23 diesel Hourston, told me it was none negotiable per say, he said - if i don't get what I want i'll keep it, so I found something else :) hard to buy from ppl like that. Sounded like he was getting fed up with all the inquiries, tire kickers resulting in no serious buyers, i told him its only worth what someone is willing to pay, I don't think he appreciated that much.

My reservation with that boat would be under powered engine and someone else done the retro and not knowing how it was done, you may find yourself in not some many short years doing it again and, well, who wants that?

I have come across a few guys in my search for my 23'er that are redoing these Hourston for resale which is not a problem, the issue is they are putting the least amount of expense for maximum gain resulting in marginally adequate workmanship at best. Ppl are buying these boats thinking that they have something that will last them a lifetime but little do they know of the short term headaches that are too come. "just because you put lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact that it is still a pig".

Sorry to vent guys, I get really frustrated with incompetent craftsmanship, especially when lives are at stake on the water miles from shore with children and families involved, maybe i am taking this a bit serious but I believe it is, just my option! I know, i know... buyer be ware and do your due diligence lala but really?

You know what the sadest part is, some of these guys need humility, kick the male testosterone and ego to the curb and ask for opinion, advise and help to do a good job and get it right the first time.

Not sure where all of this is coming from but I am finding it very therapeutic :)

Why is spending money so hard?!

My thought " it is easier to buy than to sell so I am always thinking resale on ever purchase, will I get my money back if life changes and I had to sell?"

No you won't

You are correct and that is the reality of it sometimes, so then I ask the question, can I live with taking a lose on the purchase...?

Back