WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

So is the budget 150k now?
This is why I titled the thread that. The wife only likes 150+ boats but insists we stick to 100k. Plus it has to check all those boxes I listed. This is going to be tough. Can't complain though, she's done well in life and is the majority shareholder in our home and savings.

If I had known you would be ok with I/O (like in the cutwater suggested a few posts back), and you were ok going above $100k (like the cutwater suggested a few posts back) I would have suggested this one a while ago;

http://www.portboathouse.com/pbh_products/28-cutwater/

D4 is a good engine. The DPH outdrive holds up well behind the D4.

You'll burn 8-10 gph at fast cruise.

If I had known you would be ok with I/O (like in the cutwater suggested a few posts back), and you were ok going above $100k (like the cutwater suggested a few posts back) I would have suggested this one a while ago;

http://www.portboathouse.com/pbh_products/28-cutwater/

D4 is a good engine. The DPH outdrive holds up well behind the D4.

You'll burn 8-10 gph at fast cruise.
Love it. The price is a total stretch though at this point. Might have to convince her that the 100k market is BS lol.

And you're right I did say no IO originally thinking that I'd get more boat for my money with outboards.

I think the issue you're going to have is, the Cutwater style that you like is recent (approx 2012 or newer). Prior to that it was the Commander style cabin cruiser. The Cutwater style brings the newer more contemporary look, and the newer higher price. The Commander brings the older style, but is going to be cheaper as it is older. You're really looking for a newer modern styled boat with an older boats price tag. Something has to change in the criteria or you have to wait for them to be a few more years old. I can't think of any other pilothouse/cruiser style with the modern fit and finish that you want, that will fit your wants within your budget constraint unfortunately.

Last edited:
sounds like you wanna fish; she wanna cruise.( same problem here...) That Cutwater you are looking at is gorgeous and forever out of my wheelhouse but not looking very fish-able or prawn/ crab happy. Can’t even imagine drilling holes in that thing let alone swinging a trap full of mud; sand and bottom dwellers aboard that beauty.

sounds like you wanna fish; she wanna cruise.( same problem here...) That Cutwater you are looking at is gorgeous and forever out of my wheelhouse but not looking very fish-able or prawn/ crab happy. Can’t even imagine drilling holes in that thing let alone swinging a trap full of mud; sand and bottom dwellers aboard that beauty.
I hear you there, I'm sure the first gouge will hurt. :confused:

I think the issue you're going to have is, the Cutwater style that you like is recent (approx 2012 or newer). Prior to that it was the Commander style cabin cruiser. The Cutwater style brings the newer more contemporary look, and the newer higher price. The Commander brings the older style, but is going to be cheaper as it is older. You're really looking for a newer modern styled boat with an older boats price tag. Something has to change in the criteria or you have to wait for them to be a few more years old. I can't think of any other pilothouse/cruiser style with the modern fit and finish that you want, that will fit your wants within your budget constraint unfortunately.
I'll be sure and read this to the wife tonight ;). I really appreciate all the help and advice guys. I keep saying it over and over but man I love this forum...most of the time.

Back