WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

I honestly don't know about power yet. The quotes I've been getting for twin 200 hp engines are rediculous to say the least. I'm thinking either a single 350 and a kicker but not sure if that enough hp or twin 200-250s and no kicker. I found a verado 350 sci with a new long block with warranty for pretty cheap. Not sure it's enough juice though. I got mine from someone that really took care of it. It is a 1987 and I got it for 9500$ with the engines and legs out of it. With the glass work and pod I'll be into the hull for about 15k. It's a little more dated looking inside than the one on Craigslist but it's in really good condition. Once I get further into it I'll post some pictures of the conversion to outboards.

I don't think you need twins on that boat. Hourston did a couple of Island Runners with a pod from factory and they used twin 2 stroke 175's. As I head down the pod path on ours, I am going to use a minimum of a 300HP 4 stroke, likely a Verado, plus the existing 9.9 yamaha. Stock power is a Volvo DP 320HP and it is plenty fast for this rig, moving the power further out back I think the single 300HP is going to be fine although I could be talked into a 350HP Verado for the woot factor. Our boat currently will top out at 38 knots and that is plenty fast enough...I think the Commander with a single 350 would kick butt.

Just what I was going to ask! Also what did you pay for yours? @Thunder21 ;)
And lastly I'm wondering if taking the command bridge off is the way to go, put the controls out back where they're needed!
Keep the command bridge. I’ve fished off a lot of 30 and 26 commanders, not a problem at all. Too much fun. My favourite boat.

That first one is a beauty

Yeah I find it hard to believe that one wouldn’t please the ladies

Are you looking for turn key, or are you willing to do some work, like repower?

Are you looking for turn key, or are you willing to do some work, like repower?
I don't mind the idea of a repower job but I would like something that is new enough that the amenities aren't too worn. I don't want to be replacing something in the boat every trip. So ideally 2005-2010?

With that wide of beam your going to need more than a 300 verado. My beam is 9'4 with a single 300 and while it is sufficient power it could use a 400 or twin 175s would be sweet if I could only afford it.

Went and looked at that 26 commander. Super nice. Very cute. Very quaint. Maybe when I'm 65. Just not sexy enough.

Back